Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Injectors Stuck Open?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-11, 11:59 PM
Scarper
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injectors Stuck Open?

Question: Having problems trying to get my SC300 to start, hearing grinding noise that seems to be coming from auto transmission, engine oil smells HEAVY of gasoline, and ECU is fried. Can my injectors be stuck open? Also, what can cause an ECU to go bad?

The Story: I bought myself an automatic 1992 SC300 knowing it needed a lot of work. It ran okay... for a week until I tried starting it one morning and all I heard was this grinding sound that seems to be coming from the transmission . I checked the engine oil and I was blown away by how much it smelled like gas. I was told by my teacher (worked at a Lexus Dealership) that the ecu might be bad and it might be causing the injectors to stay open. I pried my ecu open and I found my ECU was fried . Former owner told me that he purchased the current ECU (from eBay) thinking it would solve the problem. My teacher told me that the engine may be flooded with gasoline and that is why I cannot start it because it cannot compress the liquid.