Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Power steering hoses just wearing out.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-11, 12:54 PM
Boboridesb
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power steering hoses just wearing out.

Hey everyone had a small leak form my power steering so i put the car up on a buddys lift and see one of the hoses has a small leak in it, i called lexus and got there outrageous price3 quote and a pat number but cant seem to exactly pin point the part online since it is called both a "pressure hose and a tube assembly" if anyone knows on rockauto or any other site to find it and pinpoint it that would be awesome. here is the part number, i might just be dumb and cant find it. if so i will excerpt everyone calling me dumb on the thread 44411-24110
Old 10-18-11, 09:25 PM
Boboridesb
Rookie

i know someone knows where to get these things for cheap
Old 10-18-11, 10:33 PM
betojuice
Driver School Candidate

I just fixed mine and i got the hose from pep boys. Cost me 12 bucks, is it the one under the left headlight?
Old 10-18-11, 10:51 PM
Boboridesb
Rookie

Originally Posted by betojuice
I just fixed mine and i got the hose from pep boys. Cost me 12 bucks, is it the one under the left headlight?
a buddy had it on his lift for me and told me. judging from the puddle...no its no right behind any lights looks more like the middle/back of motor. im looking up online to try and find a pic of it so i can just compare it to any other hose and do it that way
Old 10-18-11, 11:13 PM
Boboridesb
Rookie

i attached a picture of the hose i found online when typing in the part number. it makes sense to me that u can just fix the part of the hose thats broke? unless im missing something i dont feel like the whole assembly is require
Attached Images  
Old 10-19-11, 09:32 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

It's a pretty common problem as our cars grow up. But you can use either of these. I just did mine a few months ago, never had any issue with it, and looks pretty good.

SC400
http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-sc400psline.php

SC300
http://store.driftmotion.com/static/...k3mk4sc300.php

Way cheaper btw! $68 shipped
Old 10-19-11, 12:12 PM
Boboridesb
Rookie

Originally Posted by kingphilip
It's a pretty common problem as our cars grow up. But you can use either of these. I just did mine a few months ago, never had any issue with it, and looks pretty good.

SC400
http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-sc400psline.php

SC300
http://store.driftmotion.com/static/...k3mk4sc300.php

Way cheaper btw! $68 shipped
i actually came across this last night. it works fine with everything though? didnt need to mock anything up? Thanks so much many!! glad to hear it worked for u! im going to buy it, lets see if i can fix my heat issues
Old 10-19-11, 03:19 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Refer to this thread for more information.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ring-hose.html
Old 10-19-11, 04:06 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Nope, no issues at all. Although you need to plug the 2 vacuum lines, one coming from the intake, the other from the manifold. It's gonna be pretty obvious once you work on it. And the plugs only cost like 75 cents at Autozone. Just in case this is your only car and you weren't able to identify what you need to plug, don't worry, you can still drive the SC even if the holes are not plugged, but your idle is gonna dip too low and car might stall at full stops so you're really gonna need to plug as soon as possible. Good luck!

PS; I'm a little bit **** on keeping my car stock looking like a lot of people in here, and I've had this talk with Luxor in the past as well. So yeah, right now I'm still using the one from driftmotion.com but MIGHT do what Luxor did. But right now I really like how it looks and how it performs so don't know yet...
Old 10-20-11, 12:27 AM
Boboridesb
Rookie

Originally Posted by Luxor
Refer to this thread for more information.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ring-hose.html
THANK YOU!!!! AWSOME WRITE UP!!!! feel dumb it didnt come up when i searched. but the car will get her surgery this weekend! thank you sir!
Originally Posted by kingphilip
Nope, no issues at all. Although you need to plug the 2 vacuum lines, one coming from the intake, the other from the manifold. It's gonna be pretty obvious once you work on it. And the plugs only cost like 75 cents at Autozone. Just in case this is your only car and you weren't able to identify what you need to plug, don't worry, you can still drive the SC even if the holes are not plugged, but your idle is gonna dip too low and car might stall at full stops so you're really gonna need to plug as soon as possible. Good luck!

PS; I'm a little bit **** on keeping my car stock looking like a lot of people in here, and I've had this talk with Luxor in the past as well. So yeah, right now I'm still using the one from driftmotion.com but MIGHT do what Luxor did. But right now I really like how it looks and how it performs so don't know yet...
thank you for that post!! i am going to see if i can have a company around here make me up a piece. if not off to dritmotion! thank you for the link sir!