Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Fuel Managment

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-02, 08:06 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation Fuel Managment

Alright I had this post over on supraforums thinking people would help but.....Seems we know more or are willing to share more.
So....

Topic :Fuel Managment

Ok, the plan is to turbo my 2jz-ge.
First I will pull the engine and freshen it up with a light hone and new rings. replace bearings if nesassary (doubtfull cause shes only got 120k barely even broken in)
I will then tap the bosses for oil feed/return and oil cooler/squirters.
Custom intake manifold that will look similar to the GREX unit for the NA supra. then A custom manifold bent and TIG welded for a T04E-BB.
Next in line is how to supply spark/fuel without needlessly ripping out the factory harness. I would like to stay piggy back.
Been with a standalone and loved it for a pure race car but not for a daily driver. I was thinking about the AEM EMS but dont want to spend 1400 bux + sensors etc...
I also dont just want to throw on a two injector EIC. I preffer each port to have its own fuel delivery (i know im **** like that)
I could spend 850-900 bux on the HKS EIC but then for not much more I could go standalone and have the spark contol as well. I would like to ditch that ugly a** valve cover and throw on a TT cover. Now what are you guys using for DIS ? some type of MSD or ????

Am I over looking the obvious.... since I am used to having a MAP sensor its harder to deliver extra fuel. Do MAF Vech's compensate for extra fuel ? can I just add slightly larger injectors and run a Apex AFC or HKS afc ? or other Fuel managment prouducts that I may be over looking.

Thank you for all of your responces
Old 08-14-02, 06:07 PM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With a T04E, I'd be inclined to just do 6 440cc RC injectors, and a larger LS400 Maf with an HKS AFR or Apexi AFC. You'd probably want a stock TT fuel pump or a Walbro 255 with an aeromotive rising rate FPR.

T04E is going to be 500rwhp or less, so I'd say the stock fuel lines are probably o.k. You could also do a fuel pulsationer bypass mod (if it has one---not sure on a GS3)