Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

sound systems

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-02, 03:20 PM
quixstyle
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sound systems

Hello,

(Newbie to the Lexus scene).

I am wondering if anyone knows of a good site where I can find information about setting up a sound system. I own a SC300 '97 and am insterested in getting an MB Quart system put in (but don't know what is the best MB Quart system for the 300), and heard that installation is not really a bolt on....There are lots of ins and outs that I need to watch for.

Anyone upgrade their system using MB Quart components? What component system did you use? How easy was the install?

Any info on this would be great!

Thanks,

quixstyle
Old 06-04-02, 04:08 PM
London Bill
Lead Lap

Quix;

Have a look at my site SoarerTT , there is some basic info there and wiring diagrams.

There are no "installation" photo's, at the time I put this system in my Soarer it was just a requirement to replace the worn out CD player, long before I got bitten by the bug of being a dedicated Soarer Fan, prior to this I hardly ever opened the hood on any of my cars unless it had broken down.
Old 06-04-02, 04:27 PM
quixstyle
Driver School Candidate

Default Modifications to the mounts

Thanks London Bill,

You ride is unfreakinbelievable! Very nice job.

I have another question for you if you don't mind.

For the 4" mid range, did you have to do additional drilling or modifications to the stock speaker mounts when installing the JBL's?

As for the tweeters, did you use a 1" or .75" size tweeter? Did you perform additional modifications to the mounts here?

How difficult was it for you to install the crossover? Is it relatively easy to get to the back of the stock radio to install it? Where did you mount the crossover?

Thanks,

Quix
Old 06-04-02, 06:05 PM
London Bill
Lead Lap

QUOTE:
For the 4" mid range, did you have to do additional drilling or modifications to the stock speaker mounts when installing the JBL's?

Most 4" speakers will fit the stock mounting, make sure they do not leave an airgap in the mounting (make a small spacer if they do).

QUOTE:
As for the tweeters, did you use a 1" or .75" size tweeter? Did you perform additional modifications to the mounts here?

The JBL splits have a small tweeter, this was mounted in the original bracket but angled more towards the rear.

QUOTE:
How difficult was it for you to install the crossover? Is it relatively easy to get to the back of the stock radio to install it? Where did you mount the crossover?

The JBL splits come with a high-pass for the tweeter, this was left monted on the back of the 4" and cables extended to reach the tweeter location.

Additional 180htz crossovers mounted in the door pillars.
Old 08-16-11, 10:10 PM
musbdax
Driver School Candidate

Default 1993 SC 400 midrange speakers dont work

Has anyone experienced all mid range speakers front and back not working while the rest of the speakers work fine. Any solutions?