Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

HELP!! jzz30,jzx90 or jza70 harness

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-10, 06:49 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HELP!! jzz30,jzx90 or jza70 harness

Hey guys, Im in need of some help, im trying to identify which 1JZ harness this is, it looks to be either a chaser(jzx90) or a soarer(jzz30) wiring harness but i would love to hear u guys opinions..
The pic isnt the best but its all i have at the moment...

JZZ30
JZX90
JZA70
Old 03-14-10, 07:17 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

How many rows are the ECU plugs i know the Chaser and Soarer are 4 rows and the supra is 2 rows.
If you get the chaser on you will need to rewire the body plugs because it won't be PNP,
same with the Supra.
I don't don't how good you are with wiring but i would try to find a Soarer Harness.
Old 03-14-10, 07:58 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by quickGS300
How many rows are the ECU plugs i know the Chaser and Soarer are 4 rows and the supra is 2 rows.
If you get the chaser on you will need to rewire the body plugs because it won't be PNP,
same with the Supra.
I don't don't how good you are with wiring but i would try to find a Soarer Harness.
Yes i am gonna get a soarer harness but i got a great deal on this motorset and couldnt pass it up so i bought it but i am gonna buy a soarer wiring harness and use it cuz it already has the body plugs and all i have to do is extend it..so its alot easier in the long run, but at the moment im jus tryin to figure out which one this is..i dont have the harness now so that is y i posted the only pic i have of it now,

what harness do u think it is??
Old 03-14-10, 09:08 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can't really tell from that mess of wires, see if you can get a better picture of the body and ECU plugs. I think it might be a chaser set though.
Old 03-15-10, 12:41 AM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by StiCk3
can't really tell from that mess of wires, see if you can get a better picture of the body and ECU plugs. I think it might be a chaser set though.
I kno its very hard to tell by the pic but thats all i have right now, if i can get in touch with the guy i will have him send specific pics of the ecu n body plugs

But i thought it was the chaser(jzx90) wiring harness also, cuz if u look closely on the left side of the pic near the top it has the orange and white plugs and i dont think the supra(jza70) has those plugs on the harness at all?.?.? but im not completely sure
Old 03-15-10, 07:39 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

if its for a supra 1jz let me know, im looking for one for my buddy.
Old 03-15-10, 12:40 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Biggu
if its for a supra 1jz let me know, im looking for one for my buddy.
iight bro ill let u kno
Old 03-15-10, 03:47 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 94_soarer
I kno its very hard to tell by the pic but thats all i have right now, if i can get in touch with the guy i will have him send specific pics of the ecu n body plugs

But i thought it was the chaser(jzx90) wiring harness also, cuz if u look closely on the left side of the pic near the top it has the orange and white plugs and i dont think the supra(jza70) has those plugs on the harness at all?.?.? but im not completely sure
The body plugs and ECU pins are different from the soarer and chaser setups. I think the chaser is short by two body plugs compared to the soarer, while the ECUs between the soarer and chaser are the same. If you can get a better pic of the body side of the harness i can compare mine more closely and confirm it.
Old 03-15-10, 07:10 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by StiCk3
The body plugs and ECU pins are different from the soarer and chaser setups. I think the chaser is short by two body plugs compared to the soarer, while the ECUs between the soarer and chaser are the same. If you can get a better pic of the body side of the harness i can compare mine more closely and confirm it.
Yea the chaser harness plugs that go into the ECU are only 2 and the soarer has 4 plugs that go into the ECU, im trying to get a better pic but the guy is stallin..smh

But i did comfirm that its not a supra harness because the supra harness doesnt have the orange and white plug