Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Can any one help me identify if this harness is from a 1jz soarer or a supra

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-12, 04:10 PM
Lokz
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can any one help me identify if this harness is from a 1jz soarer or a supra

Hi!
Im looking forward to do a 1JZ SWAP in my car 93 SC300 5 Speed, but i am having a hard time identifying the harness, because i want to extend the harness and pnp into my sc300 and save money from Dr. Tweak. However, i will go that route later when the money comes in, but for now i want to try and use the harness that comes with the engine.

The importer has sent me a video of the harness, i will have better pictures and videos tomorrow of the harness.
Can anyone tell me if this harness is from a soarer or a supra?

Here is the link

Thanks,
Lokesh
Old 12-21-12, 10:29 AM
Lokz
Driver

Attached more pictures. Anyone now?
Attached Thumbnails Can any one help me identify if this harness is from a 1jz soarer or a supra-dsc_0174.jpg   Can any one help me identify if this harness is from a 1jz soarer or a supra-dsc_0178.jpg   Can any one help me identify if this harness is from a 1jz soarer or a supra-dsc_0177.jpg  
Old 12-21-12, 01:10 PM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If it doesn't have the orange plug it's not from a soarer
Old 12-21-12, 01:11 PM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

But it looks like mk3 ecu
Old 12-21-12, 02:24 PM
Lokz
Driver

It does not even have mechanical a hydro fan. If i get a soarer harness and ecu, will it be a PnP with the motor or i am looking a whole different animal there?
Attached Thumbnails Can any one help me identify if this harness is from a 1jz soarer or a supra-dsc_0181.jpg  
Old 12-21-12, 03:01 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

ECU has 2 rows of pins, plus that extra plug off the ECU and some plugs i don't recall seeing on my harness before, so that's definitely a MKIII unit. As far as a Soarer harness being plug and play on a Supra motor im not 100% sure it is or not. Plus kinda hard to find a Soarer harness without getting an engine to go with it. I say pass on this engine and wait for a Soarer.
Old 12-21-12, 08:40 PM
Lokz
Driver

Thanks for the input guys! Now i have a better idea on what to look for,
Cheers!
Lokesh
Old 12-24-12, 06:48 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely mk3 supra. Not a big deal. If you still have the stock sc harness, it's not difficult to make thios work in your car. Lots of people will say don't do it because the ecu is known to blow caps. Well guess what? So do jzx90, jzz30, aristo, even stock sc300/400 ecu's. One of the things I like to tell people that want to do a swap is to make sure you have a spare ecu and a spare map sensor, just in case. It's also not difficult to rewire to a later model or aristo ecu. You can get the plugs for the different ecu out of pretty much any junkyard. As far as soarer harness going on mk3, it would work like 99% IAT plug is usually different, possibly the 2 wire coolant temp sensor too, no big deal.

If you take your time, you can do the wiring no problem. Anybody can, and you'll have a better working knowledge of your vehicle in case anything comes up later problem-wise. A factory wiring manual for the SC will make it cake. Read the section in the beginning of the book called "how to use this manual" ( i think that's what it's called). Get a multimeter (harbor freight has one that will do just fine for like seven bucks), and be thorough. If you have a frye's electronics around, they have great heat shrink. Any electrical shop and possibly hobby shop should have something decent though.

Also, I wouldn't worry about what water pump comes on it as you should replace it with a new one anyway before you put the engine in. A mk4 turbo pump and pulley will be needed, what ever you do, don't cheap out and neglect seals and waterpump.
Old 12-24-12, 07:08 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i suck at wiring. and i would never attempt it(cause well i suck at it). if your 2nd guessing yourself. contact account 2x on here. he did my harness and it's perfect(my temp gauge even works).

if hes not busy with school his turn around time is quick and his prices can't be beat!!
Old 12-26-12, 08:13 AM
Lokz
Driver

Originally Posted by Vrank
Definitely mk3 supra. Not a big deal. If you still have the stock sc harness, it's not difficult to make thios work in your car. Lots of people will say don't do it because the ecu is known to blow caps. Well guess what? So do jzx90, jzz30, aristo, even stock sc300/400 ecu's. One of the things I like to tell people that want to do a swap is to make sure you have a spare ecu and a spare map sensor, just in case. It's also not difficult to rewire to a later model or aristo ecu. You can get the plugs for the different ecu out of pretty much any junkyard. As far as soarer harness going on mk3, it would work like 99% IAT plug is usually different, possibly the 2 wire coolant temp sensor too, no big deal.

If you take your time, you can do the wiring no problem. Anybody can, and you'll have a better working knowledge of your vehicle in case anything comes up later problem-wise. A factory wiring manual for the SC will make it cake. Read the section in the beginning of the book called "how to use this manual" ( i think that's what it's called). Get a multimeter (harbor freight has one that will do just fine for like seven bucks), and be thorough. If you have a frye's electronics around, they have great heat shrink. Any electrical shop and possibly hobby shop should have something decent though.

Also, I wouldn't worry about what water pump comes on it as you should replace it with a new one anyway before you put the engine in. A mk4 turbo pump and pulley will be needed, what ever you do, don't cheap out and neglect seals and waterpump.
Yes i do have my stock harness, but i would just rather use soarer harness and go from there. It will be a better base to start off with, i have a friend who can rewire it if he puts a little time in it. I personally myself dont like to play with wires. I am not worried about diagnostics because i will have the port to play with to figure out problems. I am still in hunt for the soarer 1JZ. Thanks for your input though. Yes i have read about the caps issue, i'll be getting that taken care of before i start work, i am hopefully going towards the right direction,