Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Shifting problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-10, 07:47 PM
tanahara
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shifting problems

I have searched and searched and i have not found a solution. First of my I own a 1993 sc300. The Overdrive light flashes when OD engaged ,does not shift into OD either. The next problem is that when in D the car quickly shifts from 2 to 3 like within a few seconds quite hard i might add when it hits 3rd. When i put the car in 2 ( l 2 d r etc ) it shifts into 2nd just fine and then i shift it into D when i think its ready for 3rd and it will not shift down into 2nd gear for the world -_- I could really use the thoughts of great minds such as i see on these forums because I am stumped. Thanks guys btw Automatic transmission
Old 03-04-10, 06:21 AM
718murdoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tanahara
I have searched and searched and i have not found a solution. First of my I own a 1993 sc300. The Overdrive light flashes when OD engaged ,does not shift into OD either. The next problem is that when in D the car quickly shifts from 2 to 3 like within a few seconds quite hard i might add when it hits 3rd. When i put the car in 2 ( l 2 d r etc ) it shifts into 2nd just fine and then i shift it into D when i think its ready for 3rd and it will not shift down into 2nd gear for the world -_- I could really use the thoughts of great minds such as i see on these forums because I am stumped. Thanks guys btw Automatic transmission
That is strange, ive heard a similar problem somewhere on this forum. Search for : O/D problems or repairs that should steer you in the right direction... I had a problem like that but with an SC400, my car had rough shifts. It felt like the car was going to throw me through the windshield. I rebuilt the tranny...
problem solved. Hopefully you don't have to do that. Have the car diagnosed to be sure.
Old 03-04-10, 08:01 AM
Papajorgio
Advanced

Originally Posted by tanahara
i have this same exact problem, or actually alot worse then whats going on with yours, its been covered to death on here just gotta type in the right search terms, but pull your trans codes by jumping the te1 and e1 pins on the diagnostic port in your car on the driver side foot well, cycle the igntion to the on position and watch the OD light and count the flashes, if its like mine youll get a 61 62 and 63, meaning its transmission solenoid 1 and 2 as well as no.1 speed sensor, contact aliga on here in the classifieds section after you find out what parts you need and he should be able to supply them for a reasonable price,... heres a thread with more info on the subject https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ad-merged.html GL...
Old 03-04-10, 11:38 AM
tanahara
Driver School Candidate

Thanks alot, I searched but not the right wording :P