Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2JZGTE Cranks, No Start. Need ideas!!! Tons tested already.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-10, 01:21 AM
Dustin2JZ
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am having a very VERY similar problem. i dropped the project for twon months becuase i couldn't figure it out.
mine is a 2JZGTE in a RX8 but is wire independant, just like it were outside of a car.

i am at the point that i am planning on pulling out my (rediculously hard to get to) engine harness and send it to DR Tweak at Phoenix Tuning. i extened it myself and thats the only thing i can think of. I am Toyota Tech and 25 year master techs have not been able to figure out my problem.

This is the first situation i have seen that is like mine.

hop you figure it out. i'll post if i get any new info.
Old 01-30-10, 08:37 AM
slappy96
Lead Lap

Zmegoby,

I sincerely feel like it's a ground issue. Have someone spray gas into the intake while your cranking. If you get momentary ignition, it is the aft ground on the lower intake runner (grounds the injector circuit). I know your hesitant to do this based on your spark plug findings, but I had similar symptoms.
Old 01-30-10, 09:00 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

I did a bunch of work on the wiring and also had an issue with coolant in the intake ( I think the IAC was leaking coolant in) I bypassed all the coolant lines to intake and now I am good. She is alive.....
Old 01-30-10, 09:18 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So you got it running? hahha
Old 02-01-10, 12:00 PM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

well it runs on an off. I think it is the lack of O2 so I am going to get it in there. When I do get it to go on it sounds nice and steady. I did a leak down on each cylinder and each one held stout. Not worried about this engine anymore. Right now I am just playing a spark and fuel game. I belive no O2 on a USDM ecu is wrecking havoc on the fuel maps. I can tell you it is running RICH.

With no exhast on she sounds like a bored out big block
Old 02-05-10, 06:28 AM
slappy96
Lead Lap

Glad you got it running

When you say no O2, do you mean none-whatsoever or no secondary/sub-heated O2? If none at all...yes that's the issue.

BTW it is a BIG block, just ask my engine stand bolts
Old 02-05-10, 07:58 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

LOL yes it is

I did get it running. I do not have an O2 hooked up at all. I will get one this weekend. The reason I am/was hesitant to think it was O2 is that this is cold start and the O2 calibrates after you get the car running. My issue is that the fuel is flooding the cylinders before I get it started. I am going to put new plugs in and see if I have just fouled these.

My only other thought is the the IACV is broken. I will test that this weekend as well to make sure the voltage is correct.

At this point it is a cold start issue cause it runs and idles nicely when I have it on. it just takes 10-20 cranks for it to finally turn over.
Old 07-28-15, 10:24 AM
sc300bd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello
I am new in this forum, I put JDM 2jzgte vvti with Toms ECU in my jzx100 but getting the starting issue sometime it get start at cold and sometimes not and also it get start off when the car is running , then I have wait for 15 to 20 min then again it start...