Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Exhaust help

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-09, 07:42 PM
ALLWiTE2JZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust help

So I've asked around on this forum a lot trying to find an intake, and have now been convinced to do the BFI mod for the intake, which I am going to do soon. The only problem now is, I am stumped as to what I should pick for an exhaust. I've gone to the HKS, GReddy, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, and other websites, but I just can't seem to find a brand that actually makes a FULL catback for our SC's. I have a 94 SC300 with the 2JZ-GE and want to eventually put a header-back exhaust on my car but for right now I just want a catback. Can someone tell me what options there are brand wise for picking a catback on our cars, or do you pretty much have to do a custom fit exhaust on our cars? Because I looked on other threads and it seems as if everyone else has custom exhausts with name brand mufflers. I just don't want to go the custom exhaust route if I don't have to. Can anyone tell me where to get a catback exhaust and how much they are? My car sounds like a muscle car right now because the guy that owned it before me cut out the stock resonators and put straight piping back to Magnaflow mufflers and it sounds decent but I like the import sound exhaust instead of a muscle car exhaust lol.
Old 12-18-09, 07:44 AM
v135
Rookie

I would go with the custom exhaust with name brand mufflers. its cost effective and you dont have to drain your wallet to get the same amount of power and sound from like greddy or hks because you will pay a lot $$$ just for the "name!!!!!" I bought really nice mufflers by deluboz for 250 then i bought the piping for another fifty did some measuring and welding and i now have a nice mid-loud drone exhaust for $300. Plus while i did this custom job i also put on obx headers at the same time and ive never been anymore please with the sound comin from my sc.
Old 12-18-09, 09:40 AM
ALLWiTE2JZ
Lead Lap

That sounds about like the same thing I am trying to do with my SC. Thanks for the info. I guess I will have to go the custom route that way I can save some $$$.