Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Exhaust help- Any Bright Ideas!?!?!??!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-09, 04:09 PM
v135
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust help- Any Bright Ideas!?!?!??!

Im trying to build a custom exhaust but not too sure if i have all the details ironed out??

check that pic out then lets go from there. i know i wanna use 3" piping and i wanna go as straight as i can using factory mounts but idk if i need anything else or if u guys have good tips
thnx
Old 12-13-09, 04:45 PM
v135
Rookie

Default Exhaust Experts-Anyone qualified!?!?!?!?!

Trying do do my own custom exhaust thought i had enough research under my belt and i do but i just need some help....if anyone can help me please do

i just bought really nice mufflers and i wanna do my own custom job from exhaust manifold to my mufflers...im just not sure of all the steps that are necessary to take.
thnx for the help and idk how to still post pics up so if u wanna see the mufflers tell me how to do tht too haha thnx
Old 12-13-09, 04:48 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well there is no pic (no ebay links allowed IIRC), but keep in mind you can use the MK4 Supra exhausts with a 6'' extension if you dont mind going with a single exit.
Old 12-13-09, 05:10 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are quite a few threads of custom exhaust setups. One of my favorite is this https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...m-exhaust.html

You can attach pictures by uploading it under advanced when you create or post reply. Or simply upload it to your photobucket then copy/paste the link and use that little icon with the mountain background next to "quotes"
Old 12-13-09, 05:16 PM
v135
Rookie

no im going dual i absolutely love the look im just lost so if u have ever done a custom job maybe you can help me go thru a step by step process
*ebay-search sc300 dual exhaust and theres your page thats what i purchased
Old 12-13-09, 05:24 PM
v135
Rookie

Unhappy

ok i get it i like that thread but im still confused...i just wanna take my new exhaust straight back with the least amount of bending and welding haha...im tryin to make this simple but now it seems to be getting more complicated...
Old 12-13-09, 05:29 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

I had my exhaust dual 3'' from a muffler shop, I just told them to keep the amount of bends and curves to a minimum and they did an excellent job, and just paired the 3'' pipes with flea-bay mufflers..

but got bored with it, went na-t and converted to a single exit 3'' and havent looked back, just need to fill the hole on the other side of the bumper..but, any muffler shop should beable to make your exhaust, just be sure to tell them you want it as straight as possible.
Old 12-13-09, 05:35 PM
v135
Rookie

Red face

OK GREAT I FEEL A LOT BETTER. now im starting to think i remember this guy that my dad went to all the time when he had the mod fever ha its called evolution customs im pretty sure the guy worked on imports for 30 some years before he started this business. so i think ill go to him unless u still think i should go to a muffler shop?

and i dont plan on boosting for a while anyway....i need to get that cash flow although i am inheriting 1,000 and ill be able to spare another thousand with that so do u think there is a turbo kit for 2 g's out there?
Old 12-13-09, 05:39 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I wish it was all straight through but its not. You could weld a straight through pipe if you are not planning to lower the car. I say that because once you lower it, youl'd be scraping the pipes where ever you drive hehehehee... You'll have to make due on how the car is designed underneath where the OEM muffler flows.

Good luck.
Old 12-13-09, 05:47 PM
v135
Rookie

ok thanks for that reminder i prolly would have screwed that uo haha but ill post some pics in about a week/ weekand a half ...
Old 12-13-09, 05:59 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

well when you go to an exhaust shop that does custom jobs, they WILL make it as straight as possible...they do know that bends suck! Go look up on the link above or head over to planetsoarer, they have extensive article on this including how much power gains you should be expecting.
Old 12-13-09, 06:52 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

If you really want a full 3'' cat back, I would go to a muffler shop.

As for the turbo kit, you can go with the XS Power kit (PM 98mkiv over on clubna-t.com), its $1700 if I remember correctly, or piece your own kit together..my complete na-t setup with gauges, and safc-2 cost me less than $1500.

pm me if you have any questions and I will help you out.
Old 12-13-09, 07:09 PM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

Received 106 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Merged

Merged threads.

Look around here, lots of threads & check the classifieds. There
were a few dual exhausts for sale.