Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Relocating harness ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-09, 06:45 PM
HeisLegend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Relocating harness ?'s

So, not sure if this were to be in the engine category, but it seemed like it would fit okay.

Anyways, on to the question.
I have my 92 SC4 on supra suspension and Im planning on installing my eibach springs (yeah, until I get coilovers ) this coming weekend. Thing is, I have blown struts (being taken care of) in the front, so the tire has been eating away at the harness. I'm sure this will continue to be a problem considering I want to slam the hell out of my car eventually.

Now, I've seen plenty of people cut the harness and relocate it.
But I saw someone post somewhere that you can just unplug it all from the inside. I tried it the other weekend and couldn't find out where the hell to do it from.
I tried searching and found similiar things, but nothing too specific.
If anyone knows where exactly to unplug the harness that goes into the driver side wheel well from the inside, please inform me.
I don't want to have to cut and re-wire above.

Thanks CL.
Old 03-22-09, 07:16 PM
ecstaticSC
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check it out
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/3764825-post26.html
Old 03-22-09, 07:25 PM
HeisLegend
Lexus Test Driver

Dang.

You must have search skills of a god.
You make me jealous. haha.

THANKS A MILLION!
Will post pics once done
Old 04-19-09, 07:11 PM
HeisLegend
Lexus Test Driver

Sooooo, FINALLY got around to doing this relocation.

The link didn't help much because the SC400 kick panel fuse box is way different. Nonetheless, I traced every plug in and disconnected (even though it was a p.i.t.a. doing so) and pulled it through.
Now it's nice and pretty.

Soo, for an SC400, the process isn't much the same when you're inside the cabin. However, outside it's a breeze.
Thanks for the insight guys

-Brandon
Old 04-19-09, 09:48 PM
SpiderN9NE
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post wtf

after clicking on the link i was like wtf. then i read the next post about the sc400 and was like oh. i have my harness tucked right now and its pretty much out of the way. but the other day i thought i should do it right while im waiting on my new front and other things before paint. so i get in there and take disconnect all the connectors from the fuse panel. but there is one that doesnt come to the fuse panel it like comes in the the wall and then up around behind other **** and i couldnt figure it out for the world so i got pissed of and place everything back and said f*** it. it really pissed me off any help on what the hell that last connector would be and where can i disconnect it.
Old 04-19-09, 10:04 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

if you are talking about the thin harness that has 5 wires in it then it goes to the windshield wiper motor. i believe there are 3 black/whites, red/white or white/red, and one more.

did realize the sc400 fuse box in the cabin is different then the sc300. that doesnt make much sense though. toyota is not retarded and crosses parts from car to car and model to model more then anyone else in the industry. the cars, as far as the chassis harness goes, are almost identical. after parting a 92 sc4 and 95 sc3 i didnt notice a difference in fuse boxes.

either way if thats the case the process is the same. unbolt the fuse box, unplug the harness from the back, and reroute.
Old 04-20-09, 01:55 PM
HeisLegend
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
if you are talking about the thin harness that has 5 wires in it then it goes to the windshield wiper motor. i believe there are 3 black/whites, red/white or white/red, and one more.

did realize the sc400 fuse box in the cabin is different then the sc300. that doesnt make much sense though. toyota is not retarded and crosses parts from car to car and model to model more then anyone else in the industry. the cars, as far as the chassis harness goes, are almost identical. after parting a 92 sc4 and 95 sc3 i didnt notice a difference in fuse boxes.

either way if thats the case the process is the same. unbolt the fuse box, unplug the harness from the back, and reroute.
5spd: Well, if I'm looking at it right it looks much different. It might just be all the horsecrap around it. But yeah, the process is much the same.

Spider: There's one that you don't have to pull away. There should be about 4-5 connectors. I think four. I dunno, something like that and they are all near each other EXCEPT for the one going down towards the door sill. Take a picture and show.

All connectors WILL come off. I think I know of the one you're talking about. I thought WTF when I saw it, but disreguarded. No problems. Try taking a picture of the problem connector so that I can help you.

Lmk if I can help you anymore.