Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

5spd pedal assembly

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-08, 01:17 AM
BigPants
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5spd pedal assembly

Hey just wondering does anybody know where to buy a pedal assembly? I talked to thelexus & toyota dealer & they acted like I was retarded! lol
Old 01-24-08, 01:55 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Try Aliga on the forums, he's usually breaking SCs, he might have the parts
Old 01-24-08, 12:36 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

these are really rare tho, i heard lexus dont sell them individually? i could be wrong.
Old 01-24-08, 12:58 PM
Sc dRifta
*****Do not buy from this member until further notice *****

our lovely club lexus vendor carson toyota can get it for you. you have to order the individual parts ie: pedal bolts brackets nuts washers. it comes out to like 200 parts lol and it will cost u about $250-$300 for the pedal. btw your lookin for a 93 supra non turbo 5 speed clutch pedal assembly or you can use a clutch assembly from teh 86-91 supra but u gotta use their master cylinder as well they wont interchange between supra's
Old 01-24-08, 12:59 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OUch... thats more than the tranny lol
Old 01-25-08, 04:49 AM
DJ420a
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sc dRifta
or you can use a clutch assembly from teh 86-91 supra but u gotta use their master cylinder as well they wont interchange between supra's
So your sayin you can use the 86-91 as long as you use the master cyl. with it? Will it position and sit the same?

???Are you sure???

If thats the case, you just made my life a whole lot easier, lol
Old 01-25-08, 08:15 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive heard that too. You can really use any pedal assembly, as long as the matching parts are the same.
Old 01-25-08, 09:25 PM
Sc dRifta

Originally Posted by DJ420a
So your sayin you can use the 86-91 as long as you use the master cyl. with it? Will it position and sit the same?

???Are you sure???

If thats the case, you just made my life a whole lot easier, lol
Positive :0

position depends on the quality of who is installing it.... u have to drill 3 holes 2 small and 1 large that will determin where your pedal sits there is a pre etched emboss where the clutch is suppose to be on the sc300. i used that as a guide. make sure ur car hasnt been in an accident and teh firewall shifted or something ive installed a clutch pedal assembly using the etched markings and realized tha dudes car has been crashed and the pedal was crooked.
Old 01-26-08, 11:23 AM
DKNY0331
Driver

Sounds like alot of fun thats ahead of me.... ehh...
Old 01-26-08, 01:48 PM
xtrmboost
Rookie

Good Info!
Old 02-04-08, 07:50 PM
Sc dRifta

90 degree angle drill adaptor is your friend lol no way in hell your doing the drilling with out one unless u strip ur entire dash......
Old 02-06-08, 01:15 AM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sc dRifta
our lovely club lexus vendor carson toyota can get it for you. you have to order the individual parts ie: pedal bolts brackets nuts washers. it comes out to like 200 parts lol and it will cost u about $250-$300 for the pedal. btw your lookin for a 93 supra non turbo 5 speed clutch pedal assembly or you can use a clutch assembly from teh 86-91 supra but u gotta use their master cylinder as well they wont interchange between supra's
Maybe I missed this somewhere, but does the MKIII pedal assembly have to be non turbo as well? Will both of these still work with the stock brake pedal in the autos?
Old 02-06-08, 05:20 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^what does turbo and non turbo have to do with the pedal assembly. the turbo pedals out of the supra bolt up into a non turbo SC?

get a mk3 supra pedal assembly and clutch master assembly. you might have to modify the clutch line or make a new one from a straight piece or brake line tubing.
Old 02-06-08, 09:05 AM
2jzlex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
^^^what does turbo and non turbo have to do with the pedal assembly. the turbo pedals out of the supra bolt up into a non turbo SC?

get a mk3 supra pedal assembly and clutch master assembly. you might have to modify the clutch line or make a new one from a straight piece or brake line tubing.
Well I wasn't sure if the W58 and R154 had different clutch pedal/master assemblies out of the MKIII. Sorry for not being an all knowing mangod like yourself. To top it all off you didn't answer either of my questions.
I do appreciate you taking your precious mangod time to respond to my insignificant little post though. Thank you so much.
Old 02-06-08, 03:05 PM
Kruso
Driver

The MKIII non turbo and turbo pedal assemblies aswell as master cylinders are the same. One of my first cars was an MKIII... the clutch pedal assemblies swap between auto's and 5spd w/o any modification to the brake pedal (completely separate unit). I rode on it like that for years but the clutch and the brake pedals end up being like half an inch away from one another so its HIGHLY not recommend it. I remember once I took it to a Supra meet dyno and was the joke of the crowd until they popped the hood

Kruso

Quick Reply: 5spd pedal assembly