Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

J-hook bolts gone bad

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-07, 04:52 PM
shonuff53
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default J-hook bolts gone bad

so Im at a light it turns green and I commence driving in 1st I depress the clutch pedal to shift into 2nd but the pedal hits the ground and stays there.. so I pull over check my fluid level which looks good and then I look underneath the car and it looks good, then I grab my clutch fork and it comes out like butter with one bolt still on the jhook bracket that is very stripped and the other is mia.
Its funny just a few weeks ago I changed my clutch and the clutch assembly since it had a push pull converter, and went back to the stock setup on the r154 at the time I put the tranny back together I noticed one of the holes for the jhook bolt was a little stripped so I cleaned it out and put a lot of sealant on the bolt when I installed it and installed the other bolt normally with a little bit of sealant, I think this is crap since the stripped one held in better and the other one is missing....

just wondering If any of you have experienced this problem and were able to re tap the jhook mounting holes and install it with the tranny still installed because I really dont want to have to remove the tranny again? if you can help with any kind of advice please do... there goes my new year... and thanks in advance guys.