Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Calling all SC400 Transmion wiring experts!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-07, 05:59 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Calling all SC400 Transmion wiring experts!

OK, Looking at the transmision thats coming out there is a lot of wires on it. I know the three wire plug is speedometer, but past that what the heck is all the extra stuff? I was wonering if anbody has the pin outs? The six speed just has a speedometer sensor and a 2 wire reverse light (I presume thats what it is).
So supposing I can identify which pins do the reverse, what do I do with everything else? I know there is also somthing that need jumpered to allow the car to start but I dont know which.
Any help would be great.
Schematics?
Pin outs?
My car is a 97.

Last edited by ScottURnot; 11-18-07 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-18-07, 10:41 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would definitely send an email out to Neil Griffiths down in OZ. This is his email: sales@rushimports.com.au. He has done a gearbox swap on a number of V8 Soarers, perhaps more than anyone on the planet. He tends to be very responsive with his email. When I have an inquiry, he will get back to me that day.

You might also email Brad Pyle: bradleyjpyle@yahoo.com. He is the supraforums member who got me my LSD. He said he was able to get me anything from the Toyota/Lexus database if I was ever in need. He is a very helpful guy. You could tell him that Mark from Indiana who bought the LSD forwarded the email address to you.

Both Brad and Neil have been great resources for me. They are genuinely good guys who will do whatever they are able to help out.