Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Warm Start Stalling on SC400...Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-07, 08:54 AM
9teens
Banned SCAMMER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey glad to hear ur car is fixed.lol that problem sounded horrible...thought u needed a new engine. i once thought my car was done for but found out it was only teh battery terminals were shot.lol 20 dollar fix. well gl wit everything
Old 04-03-07, 08:55 AM
aftv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quick VR-4
To begin with, I have searched and nothing really matches my problem except having a dirty TB. I thoroughly cleaned the TB and also cleaned the AIC with no luck. On cold starts, it cranks right up every time. However, if the car is driven up to temp and sits for anywhere between 10 minutes to 3 hours it stumbles and dies out. It will do this anywhere from 5-10 times and usually pegging the throttle will get it going a little quicker. The check engine light flashes and it usually stumbles for 30 seconds before dying out. I even start and get under the hood and open the butterfly on the TB with no change. I have no other symptoms like some others such as dying in traffic or any changes if the air is turned on or off. I absolutely love this car and finally have it the way I want minus the Vertex, but I hate driving it only when I know I will not have to crank it back up. Like I said, when I searched..my symptoms pointed to dirty TB, but I cleaned it for two hours. It is spotless with the no sticking on the butterfly. TPS switched out with another unit and syptoms persisted. Cleaned AIC and is functional unless an electrical connection is dying out. Please Help me.

On a positive note, I did use the "DIY Door Handle Repair" write-up and took care of that last night

Mods, if this is not the right forum, please move but I figured this did not fall under "Performance".
You may want to check your Injectors..make sure they are not leaking..check your fuel pressure regulator and most importantly check all your vacuum hoses for leaks...I had the same problem with my SC400 and it was the a combination of the Injectors leaking and the vacuum hoses.. Good Luck!!!
Old 04-03-07, 01:18 PM
Quick VR-4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aftv
You may want to check your Injectors..make sure they are not leaking..check your fuel pressure regulator and most importantly check all your vacuum hoses for leaks...I had the same problem with my SC400 and it was the a combination of the Injectors leaking and the vacuum hoses.. Good Luck!!!
Thanks for the suggestions, but problem has been fixed. Turns out that it was the Fuel Pump ECU going bad. Swapped in a used one from another SC and has been running great ever since. Now I just hope it stays running
Old 04-07-07, 09:18 PM
cino78h
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quick VR-4
Thanks for the suggestions, but problem has been fixed. Turns out that it was the Fuel Pump ECU going bad. Swapped in a used one from another SC and has been running great ever since. Now I just hope it stays running
just woudering were your SC throwing an code 78?or you just replaced the fuel ecu and its didn't throw up an code 78?mine its doing the same here..