Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

DESPERATE NOW! SC400 power steering hose

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-06, 11:53 AM
g2racer
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DESPERATE NOW! SC400 power steering hose

All right guys-
I've completely exhausted all local avenues on geting my high pressure line repaired. There's something about the Lexus factory crimp and adapters that these A/C shops won't touch. I've read on other threads about places that will do them for between $50-$100 complete, but for some reason I can't get them done. I'm this close to biting the bullet and shelling out the $549.38 for the complete assembly from Lexus (which I don't need)....I can only drive this rental car so long! HELP!!!! Does ANYONE have first hand knowledge of a reputable place that will do the job, or a discounted place I can buy from?

Thanks.
Old 09-27-06, 12:14 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by g2racer
All right guys-
I've completely exhausted all local avenues on geting my high pressure line repaired. There's something about the Lexus factory crimp and adapters that these A/C shops won't touch. I've read on other threads about places that will do them for between $50-$100 complete, but for some reason I can't get them done. I'm this close to biting the bullet and shelling out the $549.38 for the complete assembly from Lexus (which I don't need)....I can only drive this rental car so long! HELP!!!! Does ANYONE have first hand knowledge of a reputable place that will do the job, or a discounted place I can buy from?

Thanks.
What seems to be the huge issue? I just went to the auto parts store asked for a similar hose, brought it to a shop to cut to match and voila! My hose cracked and exploded with pressure and I lost control of my car because of it. Hit a van in front of me because I couldn't steer out of the way.
I believe the shop reused the same clamp.
Old 09-29-06, 07:04 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Koma
What seems to be the huge issue? I just went to the auto parts store asked for a similar hose, brought it to a shop to cut to match and voila! My hose cracked and exploded with pressure and I lost control of my car because of it. Hit a van in front of me because I couldn't steer out of the way.
I believe the shop reused the same clamp.
I will cosign that... just get the hose $1.50. I did have to double clamp it. My hose held up well in the summer too. oh.. add some LUCAS power steering fluid. it is really thick...or call Algia
Old 09-29-06, 05:20 PM
bishoptane
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go to a good hydrulic shop they should be able to get it done.
Old 09-29-06, 07:34 PM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hydraulic equipment repair
Hose couplings and fittings

in your local yellow pages.