Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Huge BAD problem!! help me please.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-06, 07:08 AM
Donovan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Huge BAD problem!! help me please.

Hey guys , as some of you know I have a Toyota Soarer Jspec , and well I was comming home last night and I tried to get on it.. nothing... There is no boost what so ever running at all through my engine!!!

My boost gauge barely said .1 bar.. I was very disappointed at the time and I took a closer look today thinking maybe a hose had come lose , nothing of that sort had happened So Im lost as hell people.... For all you Turbo guys Help me out..

I had a Greddy BOV on there , I thought maybe that had malfunctioned but I changed to my stock and same thing , I feel so ****in bad now that I just another regular v6 not my TT Soarer... what could this be, if my turboes were blown what type of side effects would I be getting.. if hoses were lose what would I be listening for.. or what can I do ?

Old 08-08-06, 08:48 AM
kietlander
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

check your intercooler lines. maybe they just popped off.
Old 08-08-06, 08:51 AM
Donovan
Driver School Candidate

Thanks alot for da quick reply man , appreciate it alot , I've also heard other lines too , making sure everything is secure.
Old 08-08-06, 10:06 AM
vipsoarer
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

check all vacuum lines for one that has popped off or is cracked/cut/leaking. the map sensor doesnt like that and can cause odd things to happen such as not building boost.
Old 08-08-06, 12:40 PM
Donovan
Driver School Candidate

Alright guys , here is what happend... We took off the BOV , Heat shield to the turbos , checked every line possible.... and then we moved things around a big then we dug a bit deeper but nothing!! Soon we were actually worried about a broke turbo but that would be impartial because he put his hand in front of my intake pipe and it damn near sucked his hand in so the turbos are working... So we put everything back together puzzled as ****.. then we turned it over once... and I hit the gas... my bois hair flew up from under the engine and he looks up and goes.. ah.. your problem looool.... it was a HUGE ****ing hole in the inter cooler piping as a matter of fact the ****ing pipe was barely attached..so we moved the battery reattached the pipe and turned it over and it Blew off louder than ever.. and I ..(sniffs) I jumped in the air and said.. " Im Back *****!!!"
Old 08-08-06, 01:15 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats on finding the problem. Just make sure that you use tight clamps. If anything, use exhaust clamps to hold it down.

BTW: you cuss a lot
Old 08-08-06, 01:34 PM
Philly#1 Lex
Lead Lap

Wink

Donovan where are you at I am in the military also in Europe (APO AE) and I have a SC400. I am in Italy. If you have a legit soarer 2.5 GT-T you are more than likely in england pm me I need some parts from there

P.S. I am in Italy
Old 08-08-06, 02:07 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Memphisacc
Congrats on it being something simple, and it didn't cost you anything.

BTW: kaotiq your car is blue.

really?? crap, this whole time I thought it was brown! damnt!
Old 08-09-06, 02:21 AM
Durrr
Lead Lap

So dramatic for a blown IC pipe
Old 08-09-06, 06:27 AM
Donovan
Driver School Candidate

Haha , yeah I know a big fuss over hardly nothing erally just had to do a bit of researching in the engine bay... Im very happy about that , uhm.. About the partrs from england , I dont even know many spots really just yet to find parts, there is a nice place in england .... the man is called Soarer Santcum , his store is JEM , so look up on google.co.uk Soarer and JEM store something like that , and you might find him , he has a nice website but I forgot it.... I will be buying parts probably withing 2 -4 months to make this a more of a beast ya know?
Old 08-10-06, 10:27 AM
Donovan
Driver School Candidate

thx everyone for the help..peace
Mods you can close this if you wish!