Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

HELP! Car having problems on boost - petrol???

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-06, 04:32 PM
1oarer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Car having problems on boost - petrol???

Hi All,

I am in need of some help here and hope someone can help. I have a manual 97 1JZ-GTE VVTI

My car was previously modified with the works - i.e bigger turbo, larger AFM, ECU etc.... Ive recently returned my car back to stock form putting back in the stock airbox, afm, ecu, trubo etc..

Car starts no problem and idles fine as normal.... but when you rev it up and the car starts to see boost it just shudders and spits out a sh*^load of black smoke - unburnt fuel... it fouled my plugs - and i thought it was becuase my car was sitting in the one place for sometime and was started only occassionlly. I was low on petrol so decided to get another 15L and pour it in and got new plugs.

After doing all that - we started the car again.... reved it again until we started seeing boost then same thing it just blows out all the fuel - within 5 minutes the tank was empty again 15L gone. Brand new plugs all black again... I have been told that it may be a faulty AFM but shouldnt there be a warning on the dash if the AFM was faulty - any way to test the AFM and what else i can check?

ECU Crook?

I am currently trying to find an stock ECU and AFM for the 1jz-gte vvti that i can borrow or buy just to test to see where is the actual fault.

Cheers