Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Traction off, check engine, and TRAC lights were ON, HELP PLS

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-05, 03:10 PM
MazenSC400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Traction off, check engine, and TRAC lights were ON, HELP PLS

Hello all,

I am bought a 95 lexus sc400 with 168K mile on it. it s mostly highway milage. The car runs perfect and it s so smooth. I been driving it for a week and it is like a brand new car. I started the car this morning and after couple of minutes of driving I noticed the Traction Off, Check Engine, and TRAC lights are ON. The car was all normal with the lights on. I didnt feel anything unusual or any weird noises. So I shut it off and turn it back on, all went away except TRAC stayed on and i noticed the check engine was goin on and off. So I drove for another couple minutes, shut it off again and started it back, and the lights went off. I got to work, came back home, drove it many times and no light came on no more. So it got me thinkin, what would of caused the lights to come on???

Yesterday, I changed the air filter which was dirty like never been changed for 4 yrs. and the belt for the pulles.

I am goin to try it tomorrow morning,and I am goin to watch for the lights again. But till then, plz if anybody ran into these problems, let me know what were the problems and what is the solution.
Old 08-05-05, 03:43 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MazenSC400
Hello all,

I am bought a 95 lexus sc400 with 168K mile on it. it s mostly highway milage. The car runs perfect and it s so smooth. I been driving it for a week and it is like a brand new car. I started the car this morning and after couple of minutes of driving I noticed the Traction Off, Check Engine, and TRAC lights are ON. The car was all normal with the lights on. I didnt feel anything unusual or any weird noises. So I shut it off and turn it back on, all went away except TRAC stayed on and i noticed the check engine was goin on and off. So I drove for another couple minutes, shut it off again and started it back, and the lights went off. I got to work, came back home, drove it many times and no light came on no more. So it got me thinkin, what would of caused the lights to come on???

Yesterday, I changed the air filter which was dirty like never been changed for 4 yrs. and the belt for the pulles.

I am goin to try it tomorrow morning,and I am goin to watch for the lights again. But till then, plz if anybody ran into these problems, let me know what were the problems and what is the solution.
Did you get fuel recently?

Check to see if your gas cap is loose....turn it to the left to see if it is....if it is loose, just tighten it....hopefully the indicator lights will shut off...
Old 08-05-05, 04:01 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Probably one of your sensors. Take it to a shop you trust and get them to diagnose your problem. They can probably fix it by the end of the day for you if it has to be done.
Old 08-05-05, 05:17 PM
MazenSC400
Driver School Candidate

I been driving the car for the whole day and everything is normal. No lights came back ON. They all went off after I shut off the car for the second time in the morning. I checked the gas cap and it s tight.
I noticed that in the mornig when I start the car. It runs strong and it idle high around 1 and half, until it gets warm. Is that normal for a V8??
Old 08-05-05, 07:26 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

I had my TRAC light on and all they had to do was slip a pin back in the sensor that set off the light because it rattled its way out some how..... usually the TRAC light isnt anything big.
Old 08-06-05, 06:22 AM
MazenSC400
Driver School Candidate

Angry

I drove the car this morning and same thing happened. But the TRACTION OFF AND THE CHECK ENGINE only blinked couple of times and they went off, but the TRAC light stayed on. till i got to work and i shut off the car and I started it back on and the light is gone. What is the TRAC light is for?? Again, it is 95 Sc400.
I appreciate any help!
Old 08-06-05, 06:23 AM
MazenSC400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TRD_Power
I had my TRAC light on and all they had to do was slip a pin back in the sensor that set off the light because it rattled its way out some how..... usually the TRAC light isnt anything big.

Do you remember which sensor was and where it is located???
Old 08-08-05, 04:07 PM
MazenSC400
Driver School Candidate

Do you guys think that air pressure in the tires would let the TRAC light to come up in the morning only???
I been checking my tire pressure and one of my back tires keeps losing air. So I am going to fix it tomorrow, and I hope that will solve the problem.
Reminder: The TRACTION OFF, CHECK ENGINE, AND TRAC lights light up only in the morning after couple of minutes of driving. Then the TRACTION OFF and CHECK ENGINE go away by themselves and the TRAC stays on till I shut off the car and restart it back up. And I drive the car for the whole day and they never light up no more. It s weird!!!
Old 08-08-05, 06:15 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
Probably one of your sensors. Take it to a shop you trust and get them to diagnose your problem. They can probably fix it by the end of the day for you if it has to be done.

Why dont you just check if it is your sensor first, I gave you my suggestion but you keep asking the same questions. You ask the forum, they give you advice, at least take it into consideration before asking the same question again. Take your car to a mechanic, usually they will tell you whats wrong if you give them the symptoms for no charge.
Old 09-03-05, 07:45 AM
WEBINTL
Pole Position

Angry

Same freakin problem. I drove to jersey from ny. and on my way back the check engine and traction off light is on.
Old 09-04-05, 12:39 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

People!!! SEARCH!!!

If you have a pre-96 car you have OBDI. A 30 second check for your codes will tell you your problem. This has been covered soooo many times.

It is not a hard code otherwise it would stay on constantly. Pull the codes - report back, and we will tell you where your problem could lie.

And no, low air in a tire will not set a CEL on.

Jonny