Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

For those who have replaced the Catalytic con.. a question for you

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-05, 01:11 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those who have replaced the Catalytic con.. a question for you

Did you go with an OEM replacement or did you get an aftermarket one? If you went aftermarket, what brand did youget?
Old 07-06-05, 04:52 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,417 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Hey Pi
I have my car in the shop now and am replacing with Random Technology Cats. I saw a friends 350Z TT make 22 More HP with them on a Dyno run. Will let you know what happens when I get my car back. http://www.randomtechnology.com/products.html. Also have you looked at the Planet Soarer page about CAT change. I running mine in the same stock location as the factory.
Old 07-06-05, 09:52 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im guessing that you went with a CAT made for the Supra? Or maybe I missed the Lexus link...
Old 07-07-05, 12:54 AM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jgscott
Hey Pi
I have my car in the shop now and am replacing with Random Technology Cats. I saw a friends 350Z TT make 22 More HP with them on a Dyno run. Will let you know what happens when I get my car back. http://www.randomtechnology.com/products.html. Also have you looked at the Planet Soarer page about CAT change. I running mine in the same stock location as the factory.
wow that sounds awesome. Any chance you can dyno before and after?
Old 07-07-05, 02:45 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Pirate400
Im guessing that you went with a CAT made for the Supra? Or maybe I missed the Lexus link...
Ok here's the deal. I used Random Cat Model # 702500 in 2 1/2 inch in and out. They look just like the ones in the pic on the link above. A good Muffler performance shop cut the top flange off of my stock CAT and welded in on to fit. They fit perfect. It's very simple for a good shop to do.

BTW I still have a couple of those same CATS left for sale the I got for a project on My Acura CLS that I will not be doing.
Old 07-07-05, 02:56 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TurboTeg
wow that sounds awesome. Any chance you can dyno before and after?
Sorry the day I tried to do before Dyno the Dyno place was too busy. I will be Dynoing after I have finished all my Mods. I ran a little different total exhaust setup so i'll see what it does. They had only finished it to the point that is the center of the car ending at the 10" long X chanber that I copied and Modded from Planet Soarer ( The X-Factor Article ). Today I started the car to see what it sounded like with no tail pipes and mufflers and it sounded like the cross between a Track Mustang with no mufflers or race mufflers and a NASCAR race car. Hope those Magnaflows quiet it down a lot because it way too loud for me. But I know that those CATS are flowing more cause it was loud and angry sounding.