Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1JZ heads, fuel question

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-05, 02:19 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1JZ heads, fuel question

Some major parts came in and I need to now buy some fuel equipment. Any fuel rail or injector info? I am having a hard time finding a fuel rail and injector combo. Any brand recommendations? I have heard about custom fuel rails too.... any info would do.
Old 03-22-05, 02:30 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

550cc injectors would be a nice upgrade from stock.. That and a walbro or supra TT pump and a fpr will do.. I havent heard of any custom fuel rails for the 1jz yet... I hope you have a piggy back of some sort or a stand alone to make sure your getting proper fuel
Old 03-22-05, 02:44 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by got_trd
550cc injectors would be a nice upgrade from stock.. That and a walbro or supra TT pump and a fpr will do.. I havent heard of any custom fuel rails for the 1jz yet... I hope you have a piggy back of some sort or a stand alone to make sure your getting proper fuel

I know what to get now. However, in terms of what brand makes what? I have no clue.

1. Walbro 255 LPH (#GSS341)
2. 550cc injectors (stock from supra TT??)
3. FPR (universal)
4. Fuel rail <== Can our stock fuel rail take such high flow?
Old 03-22-05, 06:44 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kaotiq
I have yet to find out... hopefully by the end of summer i'll know.. But yea.. an Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator will do.. But i think the TT injectors wont work on our car.. I forget why but thats what I heard if I remember correctly?? I think its something with the resistors. Sard makes 550cc injectors, or you can go with RC engineering, I believe there are a few more out there to, just cant think of them right now
Old 03-23-05, 06:34 AM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

I have yet to find out... hopefully by the end of summer i'll know.. But yea.. an Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator will do.. But i think the TT injectors wont work on our car.. I forget why but thats what I heard if I remember correctly?? I think its something with the resistors. Sard makes 550cc injectors, or you can go with RC engineering, I believe there are a few more out there to, just cant think of them right now

The 1J uses side feed injectors too. Would that make a difference versus top feed in terms of fitment?
Old 03-23-05, 12:53 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Good news.. I talked to my buddy from Titan Motorsports and he said that the resistors in them are diff. So you'd have to change them. You can use the 1jz fuel rail, but it'll require some modding, or you can just use the 2jz rail.. Hope this helps
Old 03-23-05, 01:04 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Good news.. I talked to my buddy from Titan Motorsports and he said that the resistors in them are diff. So you'd have to change them. You can use the 1jz fuel rail, but it'll require some modding, or you can just use the 2jz rail.. Hope this helps
The 2JZ fuel rail isn't compatible with the 1JZ intake manifold.
Old 03-23-05, 04:40 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

whoa.. my last post was kinda confusing... I meant you can use the 2jz rail with some modding...
Old 03-24-05, 08:24 AM
Gamer
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kaotiq
I know what to get now. However, in terms of what brand makes what? I have no clue.

1. Walbro 255 LPH (#GSS341)
2. 550cc injectors (stock from supra TT??)
3. FPR (universal)

Ok hold the phone there a moment ...

1. The Walbro is fine I run the same one

2. Don't bother with the 550's from a supra you will need to add a resistor pack. You can get SARD 530,540,650,800 or 850cc side feed injectors that will slot right in with no need for modifications or a new fuel rail. (not certain about the 800 or 850 though, some modifications might be needed, but in reality 800cc injectors are overkill unless your building a drag monster)

3. No problems there...

4. The stock fuel rail can take the 650cc's that I run no problem. There are currently no aftermarket options for a 1JZ fuel rail.

Hope that helps a bit... If you need a link to the Sard injectors let me know ( I purchased mine direct from Japan)
Old 03-24-05, 08:28 AM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gamer
Ok hold the phone there a moment ...

1. The Walbro is fine I run the same one

2. Don't bother with the 550's from a supra you will need to add a resistor pack. You can get SARD 530,540,650,800 or 850cc side feed injectors that will slot right in with no need for modifications or a new fuel rail. (not certain about the 800 or 850 though, some modifications might be needed, but in reality 800cc injectors are overkill unless your building a drag monster)

3. No problems there...

4. The stock fuel rail can take the 650cc's that I run no problem. There are currently no aftermarket options for a 1JZ fuel rail.

Hope that helps a bit... If you need a link to the Sard injectors let me know ( I purchased mine direct from Japan)
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! YES link to the SARD injectors. I can also get blitz injectors too that are side feed. Are those ok?

EDIT: I noticed that you also have the HKS FCON S. How much was that? I am looking for a fuel computer, but I'm debating between the HKS FCON and the Apexi Power FC

Last edited by kaotiq; 03-24-05 at 08:36 AM.
Old 03-24-05, 08:34 AM
Gamer
Pole Position

http://www.greenline.jp/catalogue/bc...ategory=engine
Scroll down a bit...

As luck would have it they are currently having a sale on them... you will not be able to find a better price for them anywhere else

The blitz ones require the addition of collars I belive...

Stick with the Sard's they are your best bet.
Old 03-24-05, 09:15 AM
Gamer
Pole Position

EDIT: I noticed that you also have the HKS FCON S. How much was that? I am looking for a fuel computer, but I'm debating between the HKS FCON and the Apexi Power FC

I bought my FCon S second hand for £200 GBP (374.149 USD) New they cost a fair bit more, you would also need a harness. Tuning the Fcon can only be done by an authorised HKS Tuner...and that does not come cheap but I can assure you that it is worth the effort as the Fcon is the best option out there for the 1JZ Auto.

If you are planning a manual transmission then you could go with the Power FC as I have heard good things from a few people using them on thier Soarer's. You will not be able to use the Power FC on an Automatic though due to the complexities of the A340e transmission and the Stock ECU.
Old 03-24-05, 01:47 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

I bought my FCon S second hand for £200 GBP (374.149 USD) New they cost a fair bit more, you would also need a harness. Tuning the Fcon can only be done by an authorised HKS Tuner...and that does not come cheap but I can assure you that it is worth the effort as the Fcon is the best option out there for the 1JZ Auto.

If you are planning a manual transmission then you could go with the Power FC as I have heard good things from a few people using them on thier Soarer's. You will not be able to use the Power FC on an Automatic though due to the complexities of the A340e transmission and the Stock ECU.
I actually have a manual "soarer (full soarer 1JZ conversion)." So I am assuming that the Power FC is good for the manual only and the HKS is good if one has an automatic? Is the HKS good for the manuals too? I have heard good things about both as well.
Old 03-24-05, 02:26 PM
Gamer
Pole Position

If money was not an issue then I would say go with the HKS, no question. It is one helluva piggyback ECU that can also be used as a full stand-alone totally by-passing the stock ECU (the FCon V Pro).

The Power FC is also very good and has the benefit of being somewhat cheaper. I am not sure if it can be used as a full stand alone ECU option. I don't belive it can.

You do have another option available to you from AEM (EMS) but that again is quite expensive, but you do have the AEM headquarters in Cali

http://www.aempower.com/contact.asp

If you had the money that would be another option that is close to home so tuning would not be an issue at all.

*Edit: the Power FC is a complete stand alone unit.

Last edited by Gamer; 03-24-05 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-24-05, 05:52 PM
kaotiq
Lexus Test Driver

If money was not an issue then I would say go with the HKS, no question. It is one helluva piggyback ECU that can also be used as a full stand-alone totally by-passing the stock ECU (the FCon V Pro).

The Power FC is also very good and has the benefit of being somewhat cheaper. I am not sure if it can be used as a full stand alone ECU option. I don't belive it can.

You do have another option available to you from AEM (EMS) but that again is quite expensive, but you do have the AEM headquarters in Cali

http://www.aempower.com/contact.asp

If you had the money that would be another option that is close to home so tuning would not be an issue at all.

*Edit: the Power FC is a complete stand alone unit.
Thanks for the great tips. I have been debating between the Vpro and FC for the last 2 months. I guess I might stick with the VPro.

I just got some news from the Supraforums. A 1JZ guy said that the N/A 2JZ fuel rail is a direct bolt on to our 1JZ. If this is true, then all the 1JZ fuel rail issues are done with.