Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

shifting into park

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-04, 02:39 PM
vorostse
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shifting into park

hi, i recently got a 95 sc300 and there is only one problem with it. Whenever I try to put it back into park it will not let me take the key out unless I push the shifter foward. Now, I've done a search on this issue and there were a couple people on the forums that had the same problem but I, have to push the shifter really hard in order for it to let me take the key out.

So, I took apart the console to see what the problem is, and it looks like the pin from the shifter that is guided along the metal grooves does not sit where it supposed to be, it stops just short of its place.
I don't know what is wrong as everything seems okay. Has anybody found the problem and a fix for this?

I really appreciate any help I can get.
thanks
Old 06-20-04, 11:31 PM
soarerboy
Driver

it prolly got slightly realigned or something like that. my friend got into a lil accident and he rear ended someone but not too bad no major damage. but when trying to remove key in park he realized he couldnt just shift into park he had to wiggle it a lil after ti it clicked. i got into the same type of accident and now i have to do the same thing to get my key out... just a lil wiggle and a click then i can take it out
Old 06-25-04, 06:57 PM
vorostse
Driver School Candidate

hey, just wanted to update this thread.

after many frustrating hours of trying to solve this issue, I finally found the problem. It turns out that you can do an adjustment on the metal rod that connectrs to the shifter. All you have to do is tighten a bolt on the metal rod underneath the tranny and that's it. The shifter is fine now.

just thought i'de share