Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

what clutch pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-04, 02:34 PM
ragingpnda
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what clutch pedal?

is there any alternative to doing a auto --> manual swap using supra/soarer/etc. clutch pedals? Assuming I can find a N/A Mk4 tranny/flywheel can I use the clutch pedal also? I have read around about doing the swap, and I know it can be costly, but its really hard to find a decently priced 5 spd in washington at the moment, and ive never been good at the waiting game. Anyone themselves done the actual sc300 auto to manual swap? Any tips or maybe a writeup, because I havent seen an actual writeup except for the supra 5 to 6 speed write up, and that wont go into detail about clutch lines, bolting up the clutch pedal, slave/master cylinders, etc.

Anyways, I have been lurking for a while, and I must say that this is one of the most civilized and friendly forums on the net that I've been apart of, only local forums compare to being so family like. My past cars include S13 240sx, ae86 corolla, and a 65 mustang. All are sold now except for the mustang, I hope that ones not going anywhere anytime soon.
Old 06-20-04, 04:57 PM
ragingpnda
Driver School Candidate

bump has no one done an auto to manual swap? I see people listing the parts needed, but has no one done it?
Old 06-21-04, 06:09 AM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the general opinion is that it isn't worth the time and money required for a job like that. most just go and find a 5 speed and go from there.
Old 06-21-04, 07:37 AM
ragingpnda
Driver School Candidate

so is that implying that nobody has actually done it before? Is the question im asking never been asked before? Is it really that hard, because I know on a 240sx, a manual swap costs around 800 and takes about a week or less for those who are mechanically inclined, I'm not seeing what makes this car so special except for the fact that parts aren't as easily available. Does anyone have the parts number for the sc and the supra so I could cross reference the parts numbers on the clutch pedals? Or does lexus and toyota use different part numbers in the US?
Old 06-22-04, 10:43 AM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

I bought every 5 speed part I needed for cheap(through friends), and that was with EVERYTHING I needed. It isn't hard at all, and if you 've done it in a 240, you can do it in a sc. Don't let people tell you it will ruin the dynamics of the car after you convert it, becuase it doesn't. And if it does, please explain to me how. If you need any parts for the swap, I have plenty left over. some parts are RHD parts, but can be modded a little. I can take pics of the LHD parts as well as the RHD parts for comparison. The clutch pedal itself isn't that much from the dealer, and the brake pedal can be cut shorter.

I have the engine harness and 5 speed ecu for sale currently in the classifieds.

Let me know.

Peter

Last edited by 1JZsoarer; 06-22-04 at 10:45 AM.
Old 06-22-04, 10:45 AM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

Let me know soon, 'caus eI also have the 5 speed driveshaft available. tranny, clutch and flywheel might be sold soon. now's the chance as these do not come by often.
Old 06-23-04, 06:33 PM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

Guess you're not interested.
Old 06-23-04, 10:59 PM
ragingpnda
Driver School Candidate

sorry, dont have a sc yet, planning on getting one, but it seems my insurance goes up significantly if i were to get one, about 25% more a month. Debating on the money issue, weather it is worth it or not.
Old 06-23-04, 11:04 PM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

Alright, but these don't come by very often. maybe next time