NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Turning things off

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-15, 03:51 PM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Turning things off

A mechanic told me once it is best to turn AC and radio off before turning engine off so it isn't all on at start -up . Do any of you do this, and do you think it is necessary ? Just food for thought... on a different note, I found that the armrest slot is great place to put your cell in the NX when you don't want it in the console area or cup holder. The felt lining is great, and the soft materials keep it from banging around.

Last edited by RDLGX; 05-06-15 at 06:17 PM.
Old 05-06-15, 06:20 PM
legrunt
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronn1
A mechanic told me once it is best to turn AC and radio off before turning engine off so it isn't all on at start -up . Do any of you do this, and do you think it is necessary ? Just food for thought... on a different note, I found that the armrest slot is great place to put your cell in the NX when you don't want it in the console area or cup holder. The felt lining is great, and the soft materials keep it from banging around.
This is from the old days where the accessories are all left on while the starter motor is cranking. Modern cars will actually switch off all extraneous accessories until the starter motor is done, then everything turns on immediately.

So yah, in a nutshell, don't bother with turning everything off while starting, cos the car already does it for you.
Old 05-07-15, 11:59 AM
rayzer57
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by legrunt
This is from the old days where the accessories are all left on while the starter motor is cranking. Modern cars will actually switch off all extraneous accessories until the starter motor is done, then everything turns on immediately.

So yah, in a nutshell, don't bother with turning everything off while starting, cos the car already does it for you.
I agree, but I do shut all accessories down, my OCD habit.
Old 05-09-15, 05:20 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by legrunt

Great to know ! Thanks