NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official Lexus NX thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-14, 01:17 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
I hate that "beak look". That's why I much prefer the RX in F Sport trim, or with the sport appearance package. Looks like the NX will be the same for me.
I like that look on both the RX and NX, and prefer the RX in non-F-sport trim for that reason. It's a better look for SUVs and many others have started copying it (i.e. Honda CRV).

On the NX at least, it invokes a shark nose.

Old 05-04-14, 02:29 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like it; I suspect the TX will have the more blunt nose of the LX; maybe even sold a long side the RX ias a 3 Seat option as it will share so many other components more than likely!!

Last edited by dctex99; 05-04-14 at 03:37 PM.
Old 05-04-14, 03:57 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
What is interesting is that the RX has had a name for itself for the past 15 years. They really could have made the next gen RX small (into an NX size) and then made a larger NX to fill the larger RX size. It would be a huge mistake for Lexus to make the RX into a 3 row crossover. It changes the identity of the whole model
In any event the new 4th generation (2016) RX will be a new design and larger. If you like the current looks and size of the RX, and want a new one, you'd better buy it now.
Old 05-04-14, 04:34 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
So in your face, sharp and aggressive. The NX is the Mako Shark of it's segment! Also seeing it with the Spindle that bore it, there's an appreciation that Lexus is embracing the new design language. The NX is far bolder than the current RX, which in comparison has a far more homely look. I expect the next RX will carry on the Spindle Torch with bold aggression and classy dynamics.
I do like the look of the NX better and I could not have said it better. The RX looks old and tired compared to the NX. Guess I'm one of those people Lexus is after. Can't wait to see the update on the RX.

I also agree they need to leave the RX as a 2 row SUV, incase I don't like the NX in person.
Old 05-04-14, 05:08 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by MEP7557
I do like the look of the NX better and I could not have said it better. The RX looks old and tired compared to the NX. Guess I'm one of those people Lexus is after. Can't wait to see the update on the RX.

I also agree they need to leave the RX as a 2 row SUV, incase I don't like the NX in person.
yep, next to new NX, even facelifted RX looks like old design... not going to even mention the interior design. 2010 RX? Looks like decade old next to it.

Worst part of current RX design is the back of the car, which is very simple... in NX, they did not forget about the rear, they designed it as well as the front. I love those tails, they look great with the black part covering them partially... makes them look more interesting and sophisticated.
Old 05-04-14, 07:34 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Thats interesting. The rear of the NX is where I dislike it the most. The bulbous rear end, reminds me of the 1st generation RX. I still find the RX very attractive on the outside, and think it has one of the best spindle grills next to the ES.
Old 05-04-14, 09:23 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
I like that look on both the RX and NX, and prefer the RX in non-F-sport trim for that reason. It's a better look for SUVs and many others have started copying it (i.e. Honda CRV).

On the NX at least, it invokes a shark nose.

Great juxtaposition of photos.
Ray A.
Old 05-04-14, 09:27 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts
Default NX Vanity License Plate

If the front of the NX looks like a shark's nose, who's going to be the first to have a "JAWS" license plate?
Ray A.
Old 05-05-14, 02:56 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What version is the NX300h (To the left) in this photo? I think it looks great. I can find any live photo of it...

Old 05-05-14, 07:17 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by UpSideDown
What version is the NX300h (To the left) in this photo? I think it looks great. I can find any live photo of it...

I suspect this 300h you see is with a "Sport Appearance Package" much like was done with the RX in some markets. No details yet on which markets will get this front-end. See the Beijing reveal video for more "shots" of this particular 300h.

Old 05-05-14, 07:54 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I suspect this 300h you see is with a "Sport Appearance Package" much like was done with the RX in some markets. No details yet on which markets will get this front-end. See the Beijing reveal video for more "shots" of this particular 300h.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgZlanJS_zg

This sounds a plausible explanation. I almost forgot the recently introduced SportsDesign for RX. :P
Old 05-05-14, 12:37 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RXSF
Thats interesting. The rear of the NX is where I dislike it the most. The bulbous rear end, reminds me of the 1st generation RX. I still find the RX very attractive on the outside, and think it has one of the best spindle grills next to the ES.
Rear of the NX is designed with same car of the front... rear of the RX looks like someone used "auto-complete"... there is no standout design, nothing to make it its own design... it could be any "hatchback". Nothing new in car design world - look at ES for instance, or many, many other cars... in fact, most forget about rear end.

NX on the other hand, it is like sculpture

Old 05-05-14, 12:43 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
Rear of the NX is designed with same car of the front... rear of the RX looks like someone used "auto-complete"... there is no standout design, nothing to make it its own design... it could be any "hatchback". Nothing new in car design world - look at ES for instance, or many, many other cars... in fact, most forget about rear end.

NX on the other hand, it is like sculpture

To me that's the best pic angle of the NX as I'm not a big fan of the front.
Looks best in white too but I love white.
I'm not fond of black painted wheel trim.
Will be another wheel choice?
Old 05-05-14, 01:29 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
That is a good angle on the car. One of the best IMO. I'm not a fan of the front end either, but side and back are OK. I agree on the white. The crisp clean color works well with the NX.
Old 05-05-14, 04:15 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joeb427
not sure of wheel choices, there will be at least 4 overall (for various equipment)... Hybrid and 2.0t will have different designs for F-Sport.

i think NX will look even better in real life, because you will see all these details better... IMHO, black parts work well with design - it was designed that way, if they were white, it would look ugly.

lots of details in the design everywhere, nothing seems to be left out.

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread