NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

🗽 Display Gauges in Metric? 🗾

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-15, 12:13 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts
Default 🗽 Display Gauges in Metric? 🗾

Although I live in the U.S. and have an NX made for the U.S., I think in metric. Everything I can configure, I configure in metric/celcius/etc (e.g. refrigerator display, other cars, thermostats, weather web pages/apps, etc).

How can I get my NX to display the distances (navigation & regular displays) in km and the temperature in °C?
Old 10-19-15, 12:52 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

You must have a science or engineering background

Yes you can change to Metric. Check the Settings in the main 7" display and in the 4.2in TFT display for the changes.

Old 10-19-15, 01:56 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
You must have a science or engineering background
Software Engineer (and world traveler)

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Yes you can change to Metric. Check the Settings in the main 7" display and in the 4.2in TFT display for the changes.
I tried that before, but it seemed that it was limited to what it displayed in metric. The navigation still worked in miles, the odometer (& trip A & B) still showed miles, and temperature was still in fahrenheit, I'll try it again to ensure that I wasn't imagining things.
Old 10-20-15, 12:22 PM
online421
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NXOwner
Software Engineer (and world traveler)

I tried that before, but it seemed that it was limited to what it displayed in metric. The navigation still worked in miles, the odometer (& trip A & B) still showed miles, and temperature was still in fahrenheit, I'll try it again to ensure that I wasn't imagining things.
do it when the car is stationary.... I tried to navigate the menu while the car is moving, and its quite limited of what you can do while the car is moving. I think Lexus disabled a lot of function while the car is moving.
Old 10-21-15, 04:34 PM
NXOwner
Racer

So, I finally got around to testing this and yes, many display items do convert over to metric, but not all.

Two items that don't change to metric are:
  • Speed limit display sign on the navigation map (not a big issue, I can convert in my head)
  • Outside temperature (I can convert this, too, in my head, but would rather see it displayed in °C)

Speaking of metric. Which is most popular when looking at gas efficiency metric... "L/100 km" or "km/L"? Or is it region dependent?
Old 10-21-15, 05:42 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

So, I finally got around to testing this and yes, many display items do convert over to metric, but not all.

• Speed limit display sign on the navigation map (not a big issue, I can convert in my head)
  • Outside temperature (I can convert this, too, in my head, but would rather see it displayed in °C)

Speaking of metric. Which is most popular when looking at gas efficiency metric... "L/100 km" or "km/L"? Or is it region dependent?
In Canada, we go by L/100km, but overseas in some countries, they go by km/L.
Old 10-22-15, 02:25 PM
online421
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally prefer km/l, this is easier to calculate.

litre/100km is harder to use in everyday scenario.