NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Anyone has an issue with A/C

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-15, 07:05 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jdiron29
Lexus is aware of this issue in certain NX models. They don't have a fix yet but are gathering information and submitting it to their technical assistance team. You could take it to the dealership so they can document the problem and can notify you once they come up with a fix.
I'm curious as to what "certain NX models" means. Isn't the A/C system the same in all NXs?
Old 09-09-15, 01:04 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the same issue with the A/C.

To "fix" the problem, I use the remote start to get the cabin cool before i get in.
Old 09-09-15, 02:46 PM
phatm3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone with the issues asked the dealership to check the refrigerant charge inside the AC system? If they overinflate the tires for shipping purposes, would it be possible for them to "underinflate" the AC as far as the refrigerant goes?
Old 09-17-15, 04:37 AM
miop4000
Intermediate

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by phatm3
Has anyone with the issues asked the dealership to check the refrigerant charge inside the AC system? If they overinflate the tires for shipping purposes, would it be possible for them to "underinflate" the AC as far as the refrigerant goes?
Not actually faulty. Working as intended.
From the technical manual:
NX Air Conditioner Blower Delay Control
The 2015 NX models have new controls to help reduce air conditioner odours, including Blower Delay Control, which works in conjunction with BI-LEVEL Control.
With Blower Delay Control, after IG-ON the air conditioning system operates the compressor for several seconds with blower OFF. As a result, odours in the air conditioning unit are adsorbed by the moisture on the evaporator.
After this, the system changes the air outlet to FOOT mode and operates the blower at low speed for several seconds in order to discharge the air in the air conditioning unit to foot area. Finally, the system returns the air outlet mode and blower level its setting before IG-OFF.
• During these controls the actual blower level is displayed on the air conditioning control assembly
• The actual airoutlet mode is displayed on the airconditioning control assembly even if the air outlet mode is changed to FOOT by the Blower Delay Control
Blower Delay Control is customizable with the Techstream
Old 09-17-15, 06:13 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hoonie74
I have an issue with air conditioning system. It takes about more than a minute to get it colder. It is very frustrating in hot days like now.

Does anyone else have the same problem? Or it is normal for the NX model? I wanted to hear from you guys before talking to a dealer.
I just had a report of A/C issue and took the car out for a ride. Warm at best, set the temp all the way to lo and no go even in recirc or fresh air. It almost seemed like the heater was o. And warming up the A/C air. Will schedule it in for an inspection.
Old 09-18-15, 06:11 AM
CybrRdr
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I wonder why some NX's have this issue and some don't. Could it be model type (base, F Sport, Hybrid) or manufacture date? My NX 200t F Sport was built on 5/15 and my AC works just fine. We have had very hot 90-100 degree summer days here in Houston and the AC performed very well to cool the car down without having to remote start it.
Old 09-19-15, 06:40 AM
lsft
Instructor

Received 520 Likes on 347 Posts

Mine was built in 03/15 and it sometimes take about 10-20 secs of hot air, before cool air comes out. Typically if I change it to take outside air, it is a bit faster.

Originally Posted by CybrRdr
I wonder why some NX's have this issue and some don't. Could it be model type (base, F Sport, Hybrid) or manufacture date? My NX 200t F Sport was built on 5/15 and my AC works just fine. We have had very hot 90-100 degree summer days here in Houston and the AC performed very well to cool the car down without having to remote start it.
Old 09-19-15, 10:20 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I don't think it has anything to do with when your NX was built. They are all the same. I broke out the manual and found this, refer to page 428,

in Eco mode:
the A/C system is controlled to prioritize fuel efficiency.
-Engine speed and compressor operation controlled to restrict heating/cooling capacity
-Fan Speed is restricted when automatic mode is selected.

-to improve A/C performance, adjust fan speed and turn off ECO mode.

-To reduce odors set A/C to outside air mode prior to turning NX off.

-The start timing of the blower may be delayed for a short period of time immediately after the A/C system is started in automatic mode.
Old 09-21-15, 05:17 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by My0gr81
I just had a report of A/C issue and took the car out for a ride. Warm at best, set the temp all the way to lo and no go even in recirc or fresh air. It almost seemed like the heater was o. And warming up the A/C air. Will schedule it in for an inspection.
Update: dropped it off today, the SA tested it in the receiving bay, and thought a rodent might have gotten into it as ii is common this time of the year. Ended up being a mis-seated O ring on the expansion valve. They removed the valve and reinstalled with a new O ring. All good on the 50km drive back from the dealership.
Old 09-24-15, 06:39 AM
Mr645
Pole Position

I mentioned to the service writer that occasionally the AC compressor takes a couple of miles to kick on and provide cool air. My NX was in for it's 5k service. They determined that the AC system was slightly low on freon and the paperwork shows that the system was drained, flushed and refilled with the proper amount of freon and tested to specifications.
Old 09-24-15, 12:49 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
-To reduce odors set A/C to outside air mode prior to turning NX off.
This won't work if the A/C is in "Auto" mode.

Regardless if outside air mode is on upon turning off the vehicle, it will default back to recirculate if set to "Auto".
Old 09-24-15, 02:18 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RXOwner
This won't work if the A/C is in "Auto" mode.

Regardless if outside air mode is on upon turning off the vehicle, it will default back to recirculate if set to "Auto".
The idea is to run the A/C on fresh air mode for a few minutes before turning it off. This ensures that any moisture that accumulated on the fresh side of the vents due to condensation is dried off, and doesn't cause mold and mildew, which is the source of the odours.
Old 09-24-15, 05:24 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by My0gr81
The idea is to run the A/C on fresh air mode for a few minutes before turning it off. This ensures that any moisture that accumulated on the fresh side of the vents due to condensation is dried off, and doesn't cause mold and mildew, which is the source of the odours.
Ah-ha! Now I understand what you meant.
Old 08-28-16, 08:11 AM
Normgs300
Driver School Candidate

Default 2006 GS300 air conditioning fan problem

I am a new member and have been trying to figure out how to start a new thread with no success so I will post this problem here.
If anyone wants to message me and tell me the secret to posting or starting a new thread I would appreciate it,
Norm

Anyhow........
The A/C fan in my 2006 GS300 delays for quite a long time esp in very hot weather after not being driven for a day.
I can see the speed setting ramping up on the display but I must drive a mile or two before it kicks in.
After I drive it and make multiple stops and restarts in the same day all if fine.
Any ideas?
Taking it to a mechanic is no help as by the time I get there it works and as we all know
"If it ain't broke ya can't fix it.!" Ü
Dealer is clueless.
Old 08-28-16, 09:19 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Normgs300
I am a new member and have been trying to figure out how to start a new thread with no success so I will post this problem here.
If anyone wants to message me and tell me the secret to posting or starting a new thread I would appreciate it,
Norm
First, go to the thread for your model: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-2006-2011-153

Then just click the New Thread button on the left side of the screen.

Quick Reply: Anyone has an issue with A/C