Official Lexus NX thread - Page 123 - Club Lexus Forums


Official Lexus NX thread

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-14, 11:29 PM   #1831
rogerh00
Lead Lap
 
rogerh00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: FL
Posts: 595
Default

at 0:18, it shows the passenger side door with a black insert in the door handle. Never seen that before, it's really ugly.
rogerh00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-14, 11:50 PM   #1832
Nights
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerh00 View Post
at 0:18, it shows the passenger side door with a black insert in the door handle. Never seen that before, it's really ugly.
It's a shadow from the lighting.
Nights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-14, 05:30 PM   #1833
vuong05
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BC
Posts: 25
Default

Lexus is about to have an NX launch event in Whistler Canada over the next 10 days. Lots of NX's are in the underground parking lot and out in the streets.
vuong05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-14, 06:07 PM   #1834
spwolf
Lexus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 18,146
Default

It seems that official consumption figures are 5.1l/100km 118g CO2 in Europe, for FWD model... this is lowest consumption in its class.

Various Lexus European distributors have started taking pre-orders... here is info from Spain:
http://www.estilolexus.com/lexus-ya-...-300h-hibrido/

Lexus will start delivering cars in October, and in many countries, NX is expected to double Lexus sales. This is not a soft launch, for 3 months of 2014, Lexus distributors will have significant number of cars available, production seems to be high.
spwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-14, 06:43 PM   #1835
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F
Thread Starter
 
corradoMR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 7,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuong05 View Post
Lexus is about to have an NX launch event in Whistler Canada over the next 10 days. Lots of NX's are in the underground parking lot and out in the streets.
Awesome news. Officially landing in Canada, eh? Be sure to check them out and take pics - post in the Real world pics thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spwolf View Post
It seems that official consumption figures are 5.1l/100km 118g CO2 in Europe, for FWD model... this is lowest consumption in its class.

Various Lexus European distributors have started taking pre-orders... here is info from Spain:
http://www.estilolexus.com/lexus-ya-...-300h-hibrido/

Lexus will start delivering cars in October, and in many countries, NX is expected to double Lexus sales. This is not a soft launch, for 3 months of 2014, Lexus distributors will have significant number of cars available, production seems to be high.
That's awesome fuel consumption figure. What's the IS300h for comparison?

From what I know directly from Lexus Canada, we will have a soft launch in 2014 with limited numbers. Not sure about the US, but the fact that a full launch is in your market and elsewhere would support the lower volume availability in N.A.
corradoMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-14, 06:44 PM   #1836
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F
Thread Starter
 
corradoMR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 7,134
Default

From Lexus France.

corradoMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-14, 11:09 PM   #1837
jhs82
Lead Lap
 
jhs82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corradoMR2 View Post
That's awesome fuel consumption figure. What's the IS300h for comparison?
Base IS300h is 4.3l/100km, 99g CO2 combined.
With some proper equipment it raises to 4.7l/100km, 109g CO2 combined.
jhs82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-14, 11:16 PM   #1838
vuong05
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BC
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corradoMR2 View Post
Awesome news. Officially landing in Canada, eh? Be sure to check them out and take pics - post in the Real world pics thread.



I'm staying at the Four Seasons in Whistler and they have one entire section of the underground parking reserved for them. Wasn't able to go near enough to take a decent picture with my phone, but I counted at least 10 Nx's down there in various trims and colors.

I believe it is the official global press release with press from coming from different regions (e.g. Day 1&2 is USA, Day 3&4 is Canada, Day 5 is Japan, Day 6,7 is Europe, Day 8 is Middle East and Day 9&10 is Asia). They also have the new turbo engine on display inside the main ballroom with what looks like a spec sheet. I will try to see if I can get a picture for you guys.

Hopefully the entire spec of the NX lineup will be revealed over the next 10 days for each global region. Don't count on too many pictures coming from me as I only have my phone on me (plus I'm stuck inside at a conference over the next week).
vuong05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-14, 03:48 AM   #1839
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F
Thread Starter
 
corradoMR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 7,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs82 View Post
Base IS300h is 4.3l/100km, 99g CO2 combined.
With some proper equipment it raises to 4.7l/100km, 109g CO2 combined.
Thanks and what's the CT's rating?
corradoMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-14, 07:47 AM   #1840
jhs82
Lead Lap
 
jhs82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corradoMR2 View Post
Thanks and what's the CT's rating?
CT200h base: 3.6l/100km, 82g CO2.
CT200h Executive (Luxury/whatever your top of the line is called) 3.8l/100km, 88g CO2.

However, most drivers report a real consumption around 5.5-6.0l/100km.
The CT is too weak to give good numbers outside the city.

True numbers for IS300h is only about 0.5/100km more than the equivalent CT.

As a sidenote, the GS450h is specified to 6.1-6.2l/100km, 141-145g CO2.
jhs82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-14, 09:06 AM   #1841
LexFather
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The rdx just died lol...this is infinitely better...
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-14, 12:26 PM   #1842
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F
Thread Starter
 
corradoMR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 7,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexFather View Post
The rdx just died lol...this is infinitely better...
Exactly. For me, the latest RDX was out of contention when it launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs82 View Post
CT200h base: 3.6l/100km, 82g CO2.
CT200h Executive (Luxury/whatever your top of the line is called) 3.8l/100km, 88g CO2.

However, most drivers report a real consumption around 5.5-6.0l/100km.
The CT is too weak to give good numbers outside the city.

True numbers for IS300h is only about 0.5/100km more than the equivalent CT.

As a sidenote, the GS450h is specified to 6.1-6.2l/100km, 141-145g CO2.
Thanks.

Far from scientifically accurate, I put in these values to extrapolate what the NX's fuel rating would look like in Canada. About 5.5 L/100km or 42 MPGs US.
Attached Thumbnails
Official Lexus NX thread-nx_extrapolated.jpg  
corradoMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-14, 02:30 PM   #1843
spwolf
Lexus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 18,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs82 View Post
CT200h base: 3.6l/100km, 82g CO2.
CT200h Executive (Luxury/whatever your top of the line is called) 3.8l/100km, 88g CO2.

However, most drivers report a real consumption around 5.5-6.0l/100km.
The CT is too weak to give good numbers outside the city.

True numbers for IS300h is only about 0.5/100km more than the equivalent CT.

As a sidenote, the GS450h is specified to 6.1-6.2l/100km, 141-145g CO2.
Cant really be compared as CT200h in Europe gets numbers better than Prius right now... while in the US, it is nowhere close to Prius, of course, it is same engine/vehicle, just different ratings.

In the city, CT200h spends a lot less fuel than IS300h... 2l/100km easily.
spwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-14, 02:35 PM   #1844
LexBob2
Lexus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 7,438
Default

The RDX isn't going anywhere. It's the best selling CUV in the segment by a decent margin. Certainly when the NX and MKC hit the market sales will shift around and new buyers will enter the segment too.
LexBob2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-14, 07:55 PM   #1845
LexFather
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexBob2 View Post
The RDX isn't going anywhere. It's the best selling CUV in the segment by a decent margin. Certainly when the NX and MKC hit the market sales will shift around and new buyers will enter the segment too.
Sure it sells well but is is an awful proposition, lacking basic luxurious and features, let alone options wrapped in a bland/beak package losing sh-awd. It's a really brain dead choice. Sorry.

It's amazing how that vehicle gets an internet pass based on sales, the same people that bash a Camry.

Lexus didn't half step with the NX, one may loathe the styling but it's so much more advanced than a RDX it's not even funny.

Lexus didn't chase sales, they chased being the best in this segment with their new entry.
  Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lexus NX 300 / More Powerful NX in the Works? (Merged Threads) coolsaber NX Models (2015-present) 29 04-12-16 10:49 AM
Lexus NX 200T tuning chips!!! 00XZIBIT00 NX Models (2015-present) 18 03-21-16 02:08 AM
NX Preview Event Ice350 NX Models (2015-present) 11 09-28-14 04:51 PM
NX webpage t2014rx NX Models (2015-present) 0 08-19-14 02:06 PM


Tags
2013, 2014, club, concept, crossover, es, flnx, forum, forums, frankfurt, lexus, lf, lfnx, motor, nx, prius, show

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:43 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved