NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official Lexus NX thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-14, 01:44 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Dreamlab, thanks for the write up on the NX showing.

I still haven't warmed up to the exterior styling, especially the front end/grill, but was encouraged to read that in person the proportions are better than the pictures.
Old 05-21-14, 10:54 AM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I wonder where the new Lincoln MKC(?) Will fall into the compact luxury field?
The MKC I believe is based off the Ford Escape which directly competes with the RAV4. So the MKC will compete with the NX and stands no chance...

Originally Posted by smardav
No!! American automakers wouldn't get a chance to win. Dont buy American-made luxury cars.
I concur however Cadillac does pique my interest but all Cadi's are overpriced in my opinion...
Old 05-21-14, 11:22 AM
JasDmw
Advanced

Received 220 Likes on 150 Posts

[QUOTE=Trexus;8547185]The MKC I believe is based off the Ford Escape which directly competes with the RAV4. So the MKC will compete with the NX and stands no chance...

The MKC is the other vehicle in the running for our next SUV/CUV. Yes, based on Escape, but the wheelbase is stretched a bit, so it's not an identical chassis. I have family @ Ford and the A plan pricing is a major draw. If and when we are ready to pull the trigger, we're going to have a serious look at both. If the NX front end looks as bad in person (to me) as the pictures do, I may have to think hard on the Lincoln. If anyone from Lexus is reading this, I know I'm not the only one hedging on that right now. There is a forum for the MKC as well, for anyone that's interested.
Old 05-21-14, 11:34 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by JasDmw
If anyone from Lexus is reading this, I know I'm not the only one hedging on that right now. There is a forum for the MKC as well, for anyone that's interested.
It is fantastic design, and Lexus now knows they dont have to appeal to everyone. It is ok if it is not up to everyone's liking.

Lincoln looks great, but so far all of their cars looked great while execution was poor overall... thats why they sell so badly. Reminds me of MXZ vs ES, many claimed they will get MXZ because of various reasons and in the end, ES sells 2x with higher average prices.
Old 05-21-14, 11:52 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
It is fantastic design, and Lexus now knows they dont have to appeal to everyone. It is ok if it is not up to everyone's liking.

Lincoln looks great, but so far all of their cars looked great while execution was poor overall... thats why they sell so badly. Reminds me of MXZ vs ES, many claimed they will get MXZ because of various reasons and in the end, ES sells 2x with higher average prices.
I agree.
I like the MKC looks in and out in pics more than the NX but Lincoln's not so good reliability is a big factor to me.
Old 05-21-14, 12:29 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joeb427
I agree.
I like the MKC looks in and out in pics more than the NX but Lincoln's not so good reliability is a big factor to me.
Same here. IMO the MKC trumps the NX in the styling department, but I doubt that I'd buy one.
Old 05-21-14, 12:56 PM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

The NX looks a lot better than the MKC in my opinion. Lincoln is not offered in Sweden, but i wouldn't consider a MKC anyway, with that horrible front end.
Old 05-21-14, 02:41 PM
joebxr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MKC styling is lacking...NX is far better IMHO. Price a MKC and with just a few adds, it is north of $40k quickly. I also agree Lincoln reliability cannot compete with Lexus. I think the NX will turn heads; the MKC will drive down the road unnoticed.
Old 05-21-14, 02:56 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,820 Posts

One big thing against the MKC is lack of accessibility by the public. Lincoln dealers are fewer and further between these days/combined with Ford dealers, Lexus has a better dealer network...one of Lincoln's many problems...
Old 05-21-14, 03:37 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by joebxr
MKC styling is lacking...NX is far better IMHO. Price a MKC and with just a few adds, it is north of $40k quickly. I also agree Lincoln reliability cannot compete with Lexus. I think the NX will turn heads; the MKC will drive down the road unnoticed.
The MKC and NX will definitely appeal to a different a different demographic.
Old 05-21-14, 04:14 PM
joebxr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
The MKC and NX will definitely appeal to a different a different demographic.
If there were no NX, I would consider the Q3 before the MKC. Styling is somewhat similar, but Audi is more refined.
Old 05-21-14, 05:25 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
One big thing against the MKC is lack of accessibility by the public. Lincoln dealers are fewer and further between these days/combined with Ford dealers, Lexus has a better dealer network...one of Lincoln's many problems...
i think main problem of Lincoln cars current on sale was that it at looks great in photoshop and paper, but once you check it out, it falls apart... from interior quality to ride/drive/nvh.

If Ford wants to get serious about Lincoln, they might get some sales out of it... but so far, it works mostly in pictures, not in reality.
Old 05-21-14, 05:33 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by joebxr
If there were no NX, I would consider the Q3 before the MKC. Styling is somewhat similar, but Audi is more refined.
While I won't doubt it, it's still too premature to come to that conclusion with no real world tests or comparisons of the MKC.

Looking forward to this shootout; NX, GLK, XC60, X3, Q5, MKC

Last edited by Hoovey689; 05-22-14 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Q5 not Q3
Old 05-21-14, 06:07 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,820 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
i think main problem of Lincoln cars current on sale was that it at looks great in photoshop and paper, but once you check it out, it falls apart... from interior quality to ride/drive/nvh.
I agree on the inside, but not the outside. Using the MKZ as the best example of a "modern" Lincoln (as the MKX, MKS, MKT are all long in the tooth), I find the car stunning in person on the outside. Beautiful lines, unique looking, great paint quality, nice detailing. IMHO the car feels 10 times more premium outside than an ES.

But, inside I agree its not there. Feels too "Ford-like", ride and drive are very good, but not ES good...and very much like a Fusion. The ES has a lot of interior quality issues but the overall feel is still "Lexus" and more premium feeling than the MKZ.

Still though...I would probably get the MKZ over an ES to be honest.

I just think Ford has let Lincoln go for too long and now they've lost most of their independent Lincoln dealers...I think Lincoln is doomed whether the product dramatically improves or not.
Old 05-22-14, 02:25 PM
LexFather

I actually see the MKC eating into the RDX...the buyers seem pretty similar as the brands....

Again the NX is more "Evoque" in regards to style and market, it is aimed at people who truly value style and want a CUV that stands out and doesn't "blend in".

Quick Reply: Official Lexus NX thread