Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Official EOS5 post-meet pics and thoughts -- Big THANK YOU to all!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-06, 02:13 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
and who can forget about tee winning so many times but gave up all his tickets
He is awesome.
Old 09-26-06, 05:40 AM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
He is awesome.

Word
Old 09-26-06, 08:07 AM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was my first big meet. A loud shot out to the organizers. You guys are awesome. Prior to this, I was at the mini 2IS meet in Palo Alto and dinner in Concord. It was nice to see some familiar faces:
Baptiste - I couldn't stick around til the end of the exhaust showoff. But from my ears, you had the best sounding IS350. Too bad your wheels weren't on, the exhaust would have sounded even better.
David - Thanks for the Tanabe demo. Your car sounds great. Hope your available when I want to swap out my exhaust. I promise I will put clean holes to your trunk when you want the spoiler on.
Chris - I guess I can ask for your opinions from now on regarding mods since you're a veteran at it and I see you at work.
James - can't wait to see your setup at the next meet
Mark - good to see you again, maybe I'll bump in to you when I'm around Concord.
Will, Jean - good to see you guys again too
Vic - thanks for the detailing tip, yup, no swirls on your ride
Tee - I didn't get to shake your hand since you were chillin and I didn't want to break your zen concentration
Sha - thanks for the ML demo, nice rims, I'll try to catch the next group buy
Tim - the man that hooked me up with the spoiler, good to see you again
To anyone I didn't get to meet or mention, hope to see you in the next meet. My wife was impressed by how passionate some of you guys are about your rides. Hopefully, she doesn't bug me anymore when I want to mod my car.
So when/where is the next meet?

Last edited by Flipsonic; 09-27-06 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-26-06, 09:13 AM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

awesome pics Pmok! i didn't get a chance to meet you, but hopefully at the next meet! Im still feeling sunburnt from the meet =[
Old 09-26-06, 09:45 AM
SCREAMMMMM
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LiqrSicc

Sorry for the shameless plug of my car and my girls Tee those last couple pics are for you. Hope you like em. All the other pics were pretty much random shots. I didnt know I had adjusted the picture size otherwise I the pics would have been a lot cleaner.

I was gonna ask these girls to take a pic by my car, but I didn't want the wife to trip when she sees the pics...
Old 09-26-06, 09:51 AM
VelvetBlue
Lead Lap

Hmmm. Maybe I need to get me another RX. Haha
Old 09-26-06, 10:24 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As always, it was nice to see everyone again. EOS is the only meet I make sure I don't miss.
Old 09-26-06, 11:42 AM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey guys we really had fun. I've been to a few mini-meets but this is my 1st big one. Good to see all the people I've seen before and also all the new people I met.... which I probably forgot your names. I was big into the import scene back in the late 90s but this was so much different. Everybody was so much closer and had so much dedication put into their cars. It wasnt just a show-off but actually a good group of people who have pride in what they have, stock or modded. Since all the "OG's" are stepping down, I'm hoping we can follow their footsteps and continue putting together meets like this. As for now, I'm gonna take a little break (my pockets are hurting). But I'll see ya guys at the next meet!
Old 09-26-06, 11:47 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Time to chime in...

To the core group, thanks for all the hard work involved behind the scenes to make this meet such a success. I only helped with parking...well, more like direct traffic in an already obvious one way direction ...so I can only imagine the extent of work that went in to putting all of this together.

I was great seeing the new faces, and the old times. It was a pleasure meeting the family from AZ and So Cal too, and my hat goes off to you all for making the trek to Nor Cal. As always, the cars were an awesome sight to see (I never get tired of seeing the same cars, and always enjoy seeing the new ones, or even the new mods on the old ones).

Thanks to all that particated in, and organized the event!
Old 09-26-06, 11:57 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by lightwave76
Liz next I won't miss lunch. haha
Yeah as good as the lunch truck food was on Sun, the spicy Chinese food Ron and I had on Sat was MUCH better......
Old 09-26-06, 01:21 PM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

First off, many, many thanks to Glenn, Henry and all the core members that have put so much of their time and passion into organizing these meets. Your shoes will be very large ones to fill indeed. The good thing is, that you all will still be around to seek advice from. The standard has been set, let's see if those that step up can not only maintain but push the envelope forward.

Great meet...good to see the usual crew...even better to meet a bunch of new people. Knowing me though, I'll soon forget your names. Sorry...I hate getting old!!

Looking forward to our next gathering, be it big or small. The great thing about our NorCal "family" is, all you have to say is "MEET", and people show up!!!

AWESOME job guys!!!!
Old 09-26-06, 01:43 PM
ebb100z
Lead Lap

EOS5 was awsome! I can't wait to be apart of next years event. It was great to finally see some faces to familar signon names. Thank goodness for the name tags for us newbies, such as myself. A very HUGE Thanks to the event organizers! You all did an AWESOME job! I have a few pics I will post up as well some time this week.
Old 09-26-06, 03:41 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

looks like a lot of fun. sorry i couldn't make it this year. i was so exhausted from lovefest i literally fell asleep at a traffic light on the way home. i woke up around 2 on sunday and was in no condition to be seen in public...

Old 09-26-06, 06:43 PM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

Liz I can see the food thing going on for a long time. I guess I owe you and Ron haha

Ben it was good seeing you and Monica. Now just convince her it is ok for you to mod all you want. heh

Erick, next time I'll have to check out your RX more. I saw your screens in the visor and I was in awe. That is by far the nicest visor install I've seen yet. 10 inch screens?

One thing I won't forget is the time when myself and a few others were just sitting under the tent near the tires and just talking. The norcal crew is a family and friendships that are made are worth more than words.

But winning the raffle ain't bad neither.
Old 09-26-06, 07:26 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

The one meet I was looking forward to all year. I think it was well worth the wait. All the members I have met throught the year were there. It was fun talking to everyone. Seeing all the new cars were awesome. Ive never seen so many SCs at a meet before. I just wish I had a camera to document this historic event.

TeeMan3 - Thanks for the nice bottle of champange and the ClubLexus glass. I think I will be holding on to those for a while.

CantSeeMe - Bill it was nice to see your awesome SC again. I look forward to seeing it come out and play next year. Take care man.

Just4Show - Hey we should definetly get our SC group going. I know there arent that many out on the street but it would be nice to see alot more of them show up to the meets.

Also I want to thank Glen, Henry, and all the rest of the ClubLexus veterans for making everything possible. Without you guys we would have just been another forum. You guys helped me come so far. I never thought I would be where I am at. I hope we have a good year for 2008!

Quick Reply: Official EOS5 post-meet pics and thoughts -- Big THANK YOU to all!