Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

This is how RETARDED the insurance system is here...

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-06, 05:07 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This is how RETARDED the insurance system is here...

many of you know my situation from 3 years ago where i got into an accident with that douchebag from modesto with the green is300. i don't even remember his name anymore. we were coming onto an on-ramp somewhere by torrance heading to the carson toyota meet and my car slides out in the rain and taps his is300 right in the muffler. anyway here's an update...

when i found out he was trying to **** me for a $4000 medical check, i sent the claims adjuster an aim transcript where he's trying to coerce me into the scam and split the $4000 with him. he even says don't worry i've done this before, citing 4 medical checks for his last 7 accidents. i tell the fraud agent i can provide him with video footage of this guy go-karting 2 weeks after the accident if he needs it. the all-state guy says 'nah this should be plenty' and the insurance company never contacts me again.

recently i switched to mercury and for that accident in '03 i claim 1 point on my application. yesterday i find out from mercury's dmv check that my license was in fact dinged for 2 points on that day because all-state paid out a $1000 check for medical exams.

i call my all-state agent and she says if anyone claims injury on an accident, we are obligated to give them medical exams to test their health. those medical exams fall under injury pay even if they turn out negative.

i paraphrased and repeated what the lady just told me and asked her if that made any sense to her. all she said was that's just the way it is, all insurance companies do that.

so basically if anyone gets into an accident with you and *thinks* about claiming injury, as long as they pursue it to the point of medical exams, your license is automatically marked with a 2-point accident because the insurance company has to pay for the exam that proves they are full of sh it. **** ing incredible.

why is it this way? because the simple beauty of the system allows insurance companies to profit off fraud either way it goes. they paid out $1000 to conduct some tests. some hospital won. in return for that i have to pay an extra $2000 in premiums on a point that is on my license just to show someone tried to screw me. and you know what? they did! insurance wins.
Old 09-15-06, 07:48 PM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Remember when it was said ... "When we make the auto insurance mandatory, everyones insurance cost will go down and frivolous claims would be a thing of the past."

Then you could tell an insurance company to kiss it ... That's progress !
Old 09-17-06, 09:05 AM
menech
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow that really sucks! I can't believe you get a point even when it isn't your fault....sounds like just another way for the insurance companies to make more money off us
Old 09-17-06, 10:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

in short, that punk he better not step foot in here or any of our events. he probably doesn't dare anyway

sorry, but i have no respect for cowards