Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Alternative to the Dealership in MD, VA, DC Metro

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-12, 02:54 PM
Shahryar
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DamDan
Does LXT still exist? I am 6 months new to the DMV area.
Yeah, I just spoke with Nelson there on the phone. I may be taking my vehicle there on Monday.

My 2008 IS 350 is now a little over 60k miles and I need brake-work done. A dealer nearby has said front and rear pads and rotors need to be changed. Another person who works at (I think) a Lexus dealer has said just the front pads need to be changed.

I had already bought Centric pads and rotors because I Was going to try it myself. But after reading through the DIY threads, I wasn't comfortable doing it myself.

I called LXT and Nelson quoted me $175 for pads and rotors for each axle (Regardless of if it was just pads or just rotors).

As far as dealer alternatives go, this is the only thread that caught my eye but am doubtful of some of these posts here because of they way they are written and the low post counts of the post-er.

Originally Posted by Marylander
Originally Posted by Marylander
Just had my 10K service done at LXT. Ditto everything you said. Mr. Guevara was excellent, performed the service himself, total price was $86, just excellent in every way. Hearty recommendation.
+1 on LXT. Have now been there twice, for 10K and 15K service. Nelson is simply excellent, and the price cannot be beat.
Marylander, it was your post that stood out to me and made me want to give these guys a shot. Yours seemed legit.

Curious though - what services are you having done at 10k and 15k on your car? I'm guessing oil change and what else is done? On my '08 IS 350 we're only doing oil changes every 5k (even up 10k if you're sure the oil can handle it - my Mobil can). The first noteworthy event is the air filter/cabin air filter check at 15k and their change at 30k. Your Lexus may be different. I Was just curious.

Originally Posted by KiPod
Originally Posted by caboosesw
I have heard that Cho's in Gaithersburg is great on Toyota/Lexus ... I will be checking them out the next time I have an issue. I have been going to Winkler Automotive who are good but notoriously high priced. I'll also check out LXT.

Cho's Auto Service
28 N Summit Ave
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
301-948-8350
Cho's is good too. I believe Larry Cho is the owner and his brother Ricky has a shop in Temple Hills (RC Auto) as well.
I called them up too and they said it would be $102 for for front pads and rotors and $102 for rear so $204 total. IF it's just pads needed it would be $78 for each axle.

They have Saturday hours so I could swing by there tomorrow and have them check it out.

Anyone else have thoughts on these two places or any other Dealer alternatives in the DMV?

Originally Posted by trukn1
Definately good to hear of the alternative shops. Kipod and Brad are fellow members who work at lexus dealers who have worked on several members cars and they do provide top notch service. For those of us who are a little more budget minded, and poclet emptied (lol) the alternative shop seems to be getting rave reviews from you all. Great find. ....
What dealerships are Kipod and Brad at? If the costs of going through the dealer they're at are not much more (and they're close) I'd be willing to consider that route as well.

Last edited by Shahryar; 07-16-12 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-30-12, 04:14 AM
SEWSLexIS
Driver School Candidate

Thanx for the info on this one. Alot easier and cheaper to pay someone who knows what they are doing instead of going to the MF'ing dealership.
Old 07-30-12, 01:51 PM
Shahryar
Lead Lap

ended up going to Cho's Auto in Gaithersburg. He changed the front and rear pads but just the rear rotors. He said he was able to machine and turn the front ones. So I still got to hold onto my new front ones. Total was $241 (I brought my own parts).

Dealer had originally told me both the pads and rotors all around needed to be changed and wanted $1500ish for replacing them (this price included the cost of parts).
Old 11-01-12, 07:57 AM
makecopies
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you guys know of any in the NOVA area?
Old 11-14-12, 07:42 AM
makecopies
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I need too have my car towed to someone who knows what they are doing. I bought this car a couple of weeks ago and I was only able to drive it once.
I have had the battery and the alternator replaced and I'm still having problems
Old 12-25-12, 03:26 PM
supra2k6
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by makecopies
Do you guys know of any in the NOVA area?
Auto Stop in Arlington does great work as for Edwin
Old 01-08-14, 06:44 AM
jennyusa
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys for the information about LXT Automovite. I took my car to LXT and they were helpful, professional, and I save a lot of money. Now my car is running good.
Old 03-07-14, 08:20 AM
gentoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any opinion on LXT automotive for a Lexus Hybrid?
Old 03-19-14, 03:16 PM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

I used to have the hookup with Brad F. at lindsay lexus , he is a buddy of mine and a member on here. But he now works at Audi in Tysons Corner so I need somewhere to take my LS430 and not pay crazy prices. Somewhere between woodbridge and richmond would be nice. Any suggestions ?