NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Failed safety inspection - Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-13, 11:47 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Failed safety inspection - Virginia

Looking for some assistance and any recommendations from my Neloc family in the local Northern VA area for safety inspections.

I failed my annual VA safety inspection today due to being low and a fog light being out.

First of all, my car is on lowering springs and is dropped by maybe an inch and a half at most. And really....a fog light! I told the inspector that many cars don't even have fog lights, so what's the big deal. He said I would need to remove the bulb on the other side to pass.

SERIOUSLY?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for someone to just slap a sticker on, but I am looking for an inspection station that is at least reasonable. So, where do members in Northern VA take their slightly modded Lexus vehicles?

I see vehicles that are a lot worse than mine on the road every single day.
Old 03-26-13, 07:29 PM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't know Va had annual safety inspections. Need to
move one state further into Md, only one safety inspection when you register the car. Emissions in every two years or so I think.
Old 03-30-13, 06:42 PM
Bdub215
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Looking for some assistance and any recommendations from my Neloc family in the local Northern VA area for safety inspections.

I failed my annual VA safety inspection today due to being low and a fog light being out.

First of all, my car is on lowering springs and is dropped by maybe an inch and a half at most. And really....a fog light! I told the inspector that many cars don't even have fog lights, so what's the big deal. He said I would need to remove the bulb on the other side to pass.

SERIOUSLY?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for someone to just slap a sticker on, but I am looking for an inspection station that is at least reasonable. So, where do members in Northern VA take their slightly modded Lexus vehicles?

I see vehicles that are a lot worse than mine on the road every single day.
Seems legit to me. Do you know what the Headlight regulations are in your state? And since your car came with fog lights they should be in working order to pass inspection.
Old 04-01-13, 01:22 PM
SOHKis
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you not able to put a new fog light bulb in..?

i've got a guy who will let the height go as long as you aren't rubbing tire on the fenders. drop me a PM if you still need help.
Old 04-01-13, 10:29 PM
IS2FIFTY
Lead Lap

If your still looking, I can send you to the guy I always go too. He always passes me and my friends, and our cars are pretty low. just send me a PM and ill give you the details. Located in the NOVA area as well
Old 04-11-13, 01:29 PM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Shane txt me..i have a buddy who can help you with it.
Old 04-12-13, 02:08 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A fog light, it still cracks me up. A main headlight...ok, I get that. The funny thing is that I connected yellow 3k HID's in them a few years ago and never used them since. They worked fine the very few times that I turned them on. I guess something might have rattled out of connection or I blew a fuse. Either way, I got something figured out and I appreciate the responses.
Old 04-15-13, 06:06 PM
pakeeno
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I failed a fog test once but that's an easy fix. Lowering springs? wtf go to another place.