NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Thumb's up for Dennis (onehotdetailing)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-09, 05:19 PM
nism0
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thumb's up for Dennis (onehotdetailing)

I just got the car detailed on Saturday by Dennis (One HoT) took some pics, so i'll let them do all the talking. I definitely recommend you go see Dennis.

Old 07-01-09, 05:52 PM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another Amazing Detail By Dennis! Great job.
Old 07-01-09, 06:27 PM
Rides Low
Former Sponsor

getting ready for the next show i suppose?
Old 07-01-09, 08:37 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Dennis has been the detailing pimp of the far North since the pre-dawn of Neloc. Always good to see another masterpiece of his work!!
Old 07-01-09, 11:20 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

wow Dennis, AMAZING work!! products use? also is this single stage black or has CC?
Old 07-01-09, 11:24 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the compliments Ankur and everyone else. Glad that I was a part of your project, your SC is definitely a unique one! T's project is a beauty of a kit.
Old 07-01-09, 11:49 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
wow Dennis, AMAZING work!! products use? also is this single stage black or has CC?
Funny you asked, the car was completely repainted when the T's project kit was put on. When I polished the car, I had noticed that several sections of the car had CC and others did not. The hood for instance, did not blacken my polishing pad but when I polished the door my pad turned black (indicator of no CC). Not sure if the shop forgot to spray CC or perhaps it had CC but my pad turned black anyway from left over contaminants. In any case, the paint still looks like it should now after two stage polishing via rotary and PC work. Total time spent was 11 hours with 1 hour break in between for lunch. It took this long because the paint had a lot of halograms leftover from the shop. Heavy compounding is the quickest way to get the paint looking shiney after a repaint resulting in a lot of halograms. Halograms were hard to spot after the sun went down or whenever there was an overcast of clouds. My Brinkman light had a very hard time picking them up, halogens were not much help either. I think that was the most challenging part of any detail is have enough lightning to see all the flaws.

I used Optimum polish via rotary with Meg's Finishing pad for the first pass. Then I used Merzerna IP via PC for the second pass since my rotary left some marring of its own. The only thing I hate about Merzerna polishes is that they dust like hell. LSP, I used Klasse sealant, works great and last long! Shines like a carnauba but has the durability of a sealant.

For reference, here is what it looked like before in picture one and after the first stage of polishing in picture two.

Before polishing

After first stage via rotary and Optimum polish

Some of the marks from the shop wet-sanding did not completely buff off but almost all the halograms are gone which what I was trying to accomplish. I completely forgot how tough certain black paint is, I've been spoiled with German Porsche paint lately (been doing several 911 around my way, thanks for the referrals Andrew!). They are real easy to polish, real soft, just needs a least aggressive polish and a mild aggressive pad, 90% of swirls come out right away.

Thanks for the kind words again guys.

Last edited by One HoT; 07-01-09 at 11:59 PM.
Old 07-02-09, 07:20 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks great.

Dennis has always done top notch work. If you didn't know... now you know
Old 07-02-09, 10:06 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by One HoT
Funny you asked, the car was completely repainted when the T's project kit was put on. When I polished the car, I had noticed that several sections of the car had CC and others did not. The hood for instance, did not blacken my polishing pad but when I polished the door my pad turned black (indicator of no CC). Not sure if the shop forgot to spray CC or perhaps it had CC but my pad turned black anyway from left over contaminants. In any case, the paint still looks like it should now after two stage polishing via rotary and PC work. Total time spent was 11 hours with 1 hour break in between for lunch. It took this long because the paint had a lot of halograms leftover from the shop. Heavy compounding is the quickest way to get the paint looking shiney after a repaint resulting in a lot of halograms. Halograms were hard to spot after the sun went down or whenever there was an overcast of clouds. My Brinkman light had a very hard time picking them up, halogens were not much help either. I think that was the most challenging part of any detail is have enough lightning to see all the flaws.

I used Optimum polish via rotary with Meg's Finishing pad for the first pass. Then I used Merzerna IP via PC for the second pass since my rotary left some marring of its own. The only thing I hate about Merzerna polishes is that they dust like hell. LSP, I used Klasse sealant, works great and last long! Shines like a carnauba but has the durability of a sealant.

For reference, here is what it looked like before in picture one and after the first stage of polishing in picture two.

Before polishing

Some of the marks from the shop wet-sanding did not completely buff off but almost all the halograms are gone which what I was trying to accomplish. I completely forgot how tough certain black paint is, I've been spoiled with German Porsche paint lately (been doing several 911 around my way, thanks for the referrals Andrew!). They are real easy to polish, real soft, just needs a least aggressive polish and a mild aggressive pad, 90% of swirls come out right away.

I need a bumper and quarter panel repaint first but I might holla at you after that. Whats the damage on that kind of work?
Old 07-02-09, 01:14 PM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

looks amazing..... i need a detail soon!
Old 07-02-09, 01:32 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dennis has always been pro... nice detail

love the million dollar lug nuts
Old 07-02-09, 11:02 PM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by One HoT

Before polishing

NP. If people from the 5 boroughs contact me I give them your number. Might as well be someone I know getting something out of it than a random person haha.
Old 07-04-09, 07:45 PM
Isblue
Pole Position

Wow looks amazing!!!

Anyone in the DMV detail like that?
Old 07-06-09, 12:54 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Soooooo YOUR the SC Dennis was telling me about as he's detailing my F I'll only leave my car in the hands of D. Nobody else truly has a passion for detailing like he does. His finish products always amaze me. Bro.
Old 07-06-09, 05:01 PM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Props to Dennis he detailed my GS 3 years ago
D we might need to touch base again sometime soon again

Mark

Quick Reply: Thumb's up for Dennis (onehotdetailing)