Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Rockville Lexus Dealer SUCKS

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-02, 11:18 AM
jslionheart1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ROCKVILLE LEXUS SUCKS

I can give full details to those who ask when I have more time, but just wanted to express my disgust for Rockville Lexus. In fact, I am embarrassed that I purchased my 1999 LS 400 from them almost 4 months ago.

Not only did the salesman lie to me when I purchased the car, but the dealership is attempting to make me pay for services listed on my "we owe" slip. One service was buffing the car's exterior.

After the service department at Rockville Lexus refused to buff my car's exterior, after I had a service appointment to do so (about 2 months ago), I was sent to speak with my salesperson. My salesman offered to have a valet add touch up paint to the car and have service buff the car afterward. THIS WAS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

The salesman sent me to the finance manager who agreed to refund me a substantial amount of money and to correct the problem. We agreed that Rockville Lexus would mail me a check. We met over 6 weeks ago, but I have not received the check yet. I have called him 4 or so times since, but receive the same lame response "I will check on it, and will have to get back to you."

My next stop is to the GM of Rockville Lexus, Don Nickles. Maybe, just maybe, he will be able to end my hellish nightmare. From now on, I will stick with Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly, VA.

Lexus of Silver Spring is as bad as Rockville Lexus, if not worse.

Pohanka Lexus is the best lexus dealership in the Washington DC area and has a new service department.

Lindsay Lexus in Alexandria is also very good.

Please heed my warning and visit either POHANKA OR LINDSAY before shopping in Maryland for a Lexus. Trust me on this.
Old 08-27-02, 07:24 PM
lexus4us
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

me and a friend bought Rx's from Lexus of Annapolis and have good experiences.

Yes, they do use the rough maint schedule if allowed.

I can say I have beem pleased with them so far.
Old 08-29-02, 02:49 PM
jslionheart1
Rookie

Default Maryland Dealership

I have had no dealings with Annapolis Lexus. In general, however, my total Lexus experience has been superb (except for Lexus of Silver Spring and Lexus of Rockville).
Old 08-30-02, 01:00 PM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

Man Lexus of Rockville has a big sign in the Maintenance area thats says they need your consent for anywork over 100.00.
Old 08-30-02, 01:40 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I have had bad experiences at dealerships not only lexus but a few manufacturers, it does happen sometimes.. but to make mass statements like lexus services suck and what not is not the way to go... call the dealership or the1800 customer care line and they will and can help you
Old 08-30-02, 10:17 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Service problem

I had something like that happen to me at a Ford dealership once. A trick that dealerships use to cover their a$$ when something like that happens is to confirm some piece of information with the person that they would not otherwise have. For example, they ask if they can do the work, you say yes, and they ask you another defendable question to validate that they actually spoke to someone authorized to authorize the work (that sounds to Austin Powers-ish).

Anyway, I know that doesn't really help your situation now, but unless they can prove you authorized the work, they should be willing to work it out. If your dad did authorize the work because he thought it was under warranty then the dealership should have at the very least set a threshold that they would need to verify with him. They should have told him that it was now out of warranty or something to that effect, so he wouldn't be surprised by a ridiculous bill after all was said and done.