Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Problems with my dealer

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-01, 05:21 PM
Lexusandrover
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with my dealer

I just brought my 2000 RX300 in for its 15000 mile service and have been extremely dissapointed with the way my car and I were treated. Upon my arrival, I waited on the service advisor to "catch up" as he put it (moving cars around, etc.) for five minutes (there were no other customers there). When he did get to me, he was less than courteous and made me feel as if I was an inconvenience to him. It only took a few seconds to hand him the keys and sign a form and I was on my way without a bye or thanks or Happy thanksgiving. Now I don't expect them to make a big deal out of things and put on a show for me but simple courteousness isn't too much to expect. When I picked the car up, I noticed that they had changed the wiper blades without even asking me. The car was not washed or vaccumed because they are aparently renovating so I brought my car home dirty and with new wiper blades I didn't ask for. This isn't the first time this dealer has been difficult so I would like to complain to someone who will fix the problem. Who should I contact to complain about this: the service manager, a regional representative or someone else. This is an excellent forum and I look forward to hearing your thoughs. Thanks.
Old 11-26-01, 03:55 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Sorry to hear of your travails. Unforturnately for Lexus, a large part of their initial reputation was made be customer service unlike anything anyone had ever seen before; now, 12 years later, some service departments have forgotten (or never knew) that Lexus is/was different from business the old way.

Start with the manager of the Service Department. Next on my list would be the owner of the dealership. If things still aren't right, use the 1-800 # in the front of you manual for Lexus Customer Satisfaction. Those folks are VERY serious about these sorts of complaints. However, it wouldn't surprise me if you didn't have to take matters beyond the service manager. I'm sure that I needn't tell you to be firm and persistent but courteous at all times.

Good luck, and keep us posted as to progress and outcomes. If there is another dealer in your area, you might also consult the "Rate Your Dealer" thread here in the Maintainence forum.
Old 11-26-01, 01:03 PM
Lexusandrover
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your help mooretorque. This particular dealership was purchased from the owner of the local mercedes dealership a few years ago and hasn't had the same level of customer service since. Now the Lexus dealer is owned by a dealer who has eleven dealerships in my city alone.I will let the service manager know what happened as you adviced. I guess I can't expect things to change if I don't let him know first. Thanks again.
Old 11-27-01, 10:56 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Where do you live? What dealer was it?

As was suggested report this incident to the service manager AND the dealership manager... Let us know how it turned out...

good luck...