Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

a/c question

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-06, 01:27 PM
1sxyrxy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a/c question

i was charging my ac today because it didnt feal super cold to me so i discharged it then charged it and after that i took it for a spin. it was blowing nice and cool. so i pop my hood and look through the sight glass and there is nothing there. so i get back in the car and its still blowing cold jump out and look through the sight glass again and i could see bubles. the same as before i charged it then it went away. i havnt taked my ASE for AC yet but i thought looking through the sight glass your supposed to see a constant stream. also after all of it i noticed there are 2 low sides. whats up with that, am i supposed to do something special or use a certain low side to charge it with?
Old 06-06-06, 06:31 AM
jrmoskal
Driver

I am in the process of fixing the a/c on my 95 Sc3 also. I am a licensed ase ac tech and i have never seen a system set up quite like this one before. I am not sure about the 2 low side ports. i have used them both with equal results. I usually use the one towards the center of the inner fender. My car ended up having a small pinhole leak underneath the vehicle on the low side line near the drivers side. Whenever i would charge it up full after a few minutes there would be air in the sight glass due to the fact that the leak on the suction side of the system was drawing air into the system. I would check the lines carefully underneath the vehicle. they tend to rub on the brackets that secure them and over the years they will rub through and leak.
Old 06-17-06, 07:12 AM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1sxyrxy
i was charging my ac today because it didnt feal super cold to me so i discharged it then charged it and after that i took it for a spin. it was blowing nice and cool. so i pop my hood and look through the sight glass and there is nothing there. so i get back in the car and its still blowing cold jump out and look through the sight glass again and i could see bubles. the same as before i charged it then it went away. i havnt taked my ASE for AC yet but i thought looking through the sight glass your supposed to see a constant stream. also after all of it i noticed there are 2 low sides. whats up with that, am i supposed to do something special or use a certain low side to charge it with?
whats static pressure
whats the high side pressure
and low side.

by telling me that i can diag ur problem