Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

90LS Air suspension diagram

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-05, 10:08 PM
Lexs400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90LS Air suspension diagram

I would like to know if there is a diagram available for the hose that is connecting to the driver side front air strut.
I think that the hose has developed a leak as I could feel the air leaking from the hose close to where the hose connects to the air strut.
I do not want the dealer to charge a lot of money just to swap the hose. Can the hose be purchased as a seperate entity going from the strut to the compressor ?
More over today, the air compressor has stopped working as well. The fuse for Air suspension is intact, however if someone would kindly let me know where the location of the pump is perhaps I can provide direct voltage to see if it operates.
Is there a procedure in the repair manual on how to replace a leaking hose going from the pump to the strut ?
thnx.
Old 06-22-05, 11:11 PM
Lexs400
Lexus Test Driver

went by the dealer today. I was quoted 3 hrs labor to change one air strut. To me that sounds too much. what does the shop manual state in terms of the time that it is required to change the air strut ?
Any input would be appreciated.
Old 06-24-05, 11:38 AM
mtsao
Driver

Originally Posted by Lexs400
...The fuse for Air suspension is intact, however if someone would kindly let me know where the location of the pump is perhaps I can provide direct voltage to see if it operates.
Is there a procedure in the repair manual on how to replace a leaking hose going from the pump to the strut ?
thnx.
The Air Suspension compressor is located near the front passenger side tirewell. It's only accessible from the bottom of the vehicle--from the top, it's obstructed by the ABS components. The pump is not difficult to get to from the bottom--for an amateur DIY, it can definitely be removed in less than 1 hour.

If removed though, you will likely have to remove the air hoses--which means that whatever air happens to be in your good struts will all escape immediately, and your car will sink to the point of being undriveble--consider yourself warned!

I have the factory service manual, but no scanner, otherwise I'd send you the troubleshooting procedures.

Good luck!