Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

90k Maintenance Done

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-05, 12:55 PM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 90k Maintenance Done

Just FYI, I got the 90k maintenance done on my 93 SC300. This includes timing belt and related items, water pump, radiator hoses, thermostat, and engine and tranny mounts. Now, the most worn out parts were definitely the mounts. My engine mounts were cracked in half, both sides, and the tranny mount was pretty much about to go also. Timing belt was in fine shape, no cracks. The idler pulley was pretty much gone, though. The water pump was pristine. I was pretty shocked. Thermostat was clean also, not even a hint of corrosion or buildup. I've used regular green stuff coolant and distilled water since the warranty expired (around 1997 or so), although I do drain and fill every year. I also flush every 2 years or so. Also happened to find that my crank pulley was disintegrating and that was replaced also. All said and done, the car feels so much smoother. I will be doing the control arms in about a month or so and the car should be running and handling great.

My recommendation to everyone with an SC is to check the motor mounts and tranny mounts and the crank pulley. Also, as long as you do regular maintenance and use distilled water, any ethylene glycol coolant should be fine in our engines.
Old 05-31-05, 03:11 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by T0ked
Just FYI, I got the 90k maintenance done on my 93 SC300. This includes timing belt and related items, water pump, radiator hoses, thermostat, and engine and tranny mounts. Now, the most worn out parts were definitely the mounts. My engine mounts were cracked in half, both sides, and the tranny mount was pretty much about to go also. Timing belt was in fine shape, no cracks. The idler pulley was pretty much gone, though. The water pump was pristine. I was pretty shocked. Thermostat was clean also, not even a hint of corrosion or buildup. I've used regular green stuff coolant and distilled water since the warranty expired (around 1997 or so), although I do drain and fill every year. I also flush every 2 years or so. Also happened to find that my crank pulley was disintegrating and that was replaced also. All said and done, the car feels so much smoother. I will be doing the control arms in about a month or so and the car should be running and handling great.

My recommendation to everyone with an SC is to check the motor mounts and tranny mounts and the crank pulley. Also, as long as you do regular maintenance and use distilled water, any ethylene glycol coolant should be fine in our engines.
How much was the work you had done roughly?
Old 05-31-05, 06:01 AM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought all the parts myself. I payed $450 for all the labor.
Old 05-31-05, 07:09 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by T0ked
I bought all the parts myself. I payed $450 for all the labor.
Very decent price!