Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

my lexus dealer is shady

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-05, 03:08 PM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default my lexus dealer is shady

ok so after finally boiling down to the fact that 8 differnt people got into my car and yelling at me for the mildue smell my paernts too the car into service.. the other day i get a call on teh answering machine saying that the car is ready.. apartly i had spilled something in the cargo area of my vehicle..

now lets put this into perspective..

i take prestine care of my car.. its allways clean and vacumed.. i have the factory floor mat and on top of that i have two i repeat two plastic matts ontop of the carpet.. if there is anything spilled at the most it goes down to the bottom floor mat but not to the carpet... i know everything thats been in my car since its only been a year and only have 6000 miles on my vehicle..

they still say they shampoed the carpet but why not admit that there was an odor.. they know i;ll get on their case becuase i've done it before.. if she would have called my phone i would have told her not to clean it and show me the spill i know theres not a spill but i just hate that they lie to me.. such utter crap.. and theres crap on my windshild and they say something was spray'd on there once again a LIE.. its no where on the car just on the windshild..

utter crap..

cliffnotes my lexus dealer is really really shady
Old 01-08-05, 04:30 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

If you really feel that strongly about the issue, there are several things you can do:

First, you can discuss this with the service representative, service manager or service director at the dealership.
Second, if you are not satisfied you can contact Lexus Customer service at 1-800-874-7050 and log a complaint. Lexus is a very customer-oriented company when it comes to service and does not take complaints about their dealerships lightly.
Third, you can file a complaint with the Better Buisness Bureau or other similiar agencies in your state.

You also have other options, but start with these first.

And, last, just a friendly word of advice here, so please don't take this the wrong way or be offended, especially since you are a moderator.....when you post, you need to work a little more on your word spelling and punctuation.
Old 01-08-05, 07:12 PM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmarshall
And, last, just a friendly word of advice here, so please don't take this the wrong way or be offended, especially since you are a moderator.....when you post, you need to work a little more on your word spelling and punctuation.
yup i was gonna get on the horn with Lexus CS.. sorry about the spelling/punctuation it was a quick post kinda thing.. i was running out the door..
Old 01-08-05, 08:08 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just checking: we ain't talking about the common AC mildew smell that develops in almost every new car today, are we. Did you try changing the cabin filter and disinfecting the AC/heating ducts. On second thought, does the GX have exchangable cabin filters?

This was definately a spill?

steviej
Old 01-08-05, 10:44 PM
HarrierAWD
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Use mostly outside air to prevent the A/C smell.

Some GM cars can be retrofited with delay blower fan. It'd run 5 minutes after you parked the car. The fan can dry out the A/C fins to prevent mold growth. Not sure if Lexus can do this.
Old 01-10-05, 09:58 AM
RalAegidius
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I typically turn off my AC and let just the fan blow outside air in for about 2 minutes before I reach my destination. This helps a lot with the mildew smell in the vent system. Also, maybe check and make sure the drain holes for the vents are open and allowing condensed moisture to drain out of the car. If these are blocked, you will often get water leaking into the footwells, and/or you may hear a sloshing sound inside the dash when you go around turns.