Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

pushrod adjustment LS400

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-05, 01:27 AM
Lexs400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone ?
I would also like to find out if there is a way to completely bypass the ABS/Traction system by pulling some fuses.
More over, I want to find out if the pump next to nitrogen filled container adjacent to the master cylinder is the pump for ABS or traction.
thnx.
Old 09-09-06, 05:21 PM
TeCKis300
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Pulling this thread from the dead and I hope my experience will add to the knowledgebase.

I pretty much have the same problem as Lexs400. Same high effort brake pedal. Flushed brakes 3 times, change pads, changed brake booster.

Problem is, the brakes are just high effort when braking hard. I adjusted the brake booster pushrod and it was easy to get to. Trick to it is, use two people. With the car running, have the person on the inside step on the brake and the pushrod will come out and be easy to get to with just a lock plier and wrench. Did a bunch of adjustments and it seems for the time being. The trick is to get the rod just long enough so that when you slide the master cylinder back on, it sits on the booster flush without having to push it on (which is a sign of the pushrod being too long and engaging the master cylinder) Going to let the brakes rest for awhile to see if it stays the same and it's not the same problem where it only works 30 min after activating ABS.