Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Time for 50k tune up

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-04, 12:03 PM
roberttran
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time for 50k tune up

Hey,
My '99 LX470 just turned 50,000 miles
I plan on flushing all the fluids along with some other things.
I was wondering if anyone buys their fluids online? If so, where is the best place to go? The local autozone doesn't seem to have everything. I need to get oil, transfer gear oil, transmission fluid, differential oil, limited slip differential oil, brake fluid, coolant and steering knuckle grease.
What kind/brand of fluids do you guys recommend?

Thanks,
Robert
Old 04-04-04, 07:04 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Robert,
You don't change all the fluids until your car reach 60k miles.
JPI
Old 04-04-04, 07:12 PM
roberttran
Pole Position

My car has been through some punishment and nothing was changed at 30k miles. Things are starting to act up like the brakes. Looked at the brake fluid and its kinda dark so I think thats bad.

-Robert
Old 04-05-04, 05:49 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by roberttran
Hey,
My '99 LX470 just turned 50,000 miles
I plan on flushing all the fluids along with some other things.
I was wondering if anyone buys their fluids online? If so, where is the best place to go? The local autozone doesn't seem to have everything. I need to get oil, transfer gear oil, transmission fluid, differential oil, limited slip differential oil, brake fluid, coolant and steering knuckle grease.
What kind/brand of fluids do you guys recommend?

Thanks,
Robert
Robert, if your records say you skipped the 30K maintenance, start scheduling for the 60K one now. Also, since you are planning to come to the NE spring meet 3 weeks from now, I advise getting all the fluids and work done from the dealership (major benefit: the dealership warranties their work for a year). The dealership will most likely change all the essential fluids as you mentioned, but may also factor in the timing belt. From what I understand on most other Lexus vehicles, this is not necessary at this point until the 90K, but make sure you sit down with the dealership and have him/her break down the list with you, item by item, and not have them do a service task on your car without your authorization.

Let me know if there are any questions or concerns
Old 04-05-04, 06:31 AM
roberttran
Pole Position

Originally posted by lexusk8
Robert, if your records say you skipped the 30K maintenance, start scheduling for the 60K one now. Also, since you are planning to come to the NE spring meet 3 weeks from now, I advise getting all the fluids and work done from the dealership (major benefit: the dealership warranties their work for a year). The dealership will most likely change all the essential fluids as you mentioned, but may also factor in the timing belt. From what I understand on most other Lexus vehicles, this is not necessary at this point until the 90K, but make sure you sit down with the dealership and have him/her break down the list with you, item by item, and not have them do a service task on your car without your authorization.

Let me know if there are any questions or concerns
I'm heading to the dealer today to confirm the work done at 30k. I wish my parents kept better records

Thanks,
Robert