Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > LX Models > LX570
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

what luxury suv's have reclining 2nd row?

Old 03-17-13, 06:55 AM   #1
idsrvit
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Default what luxury suv's have reclining 2nd row?

I've been searching for a CPO luxury suv and find it very odd that the second row seats only tilt back "a little." I've ruled out several models because of this alone and was shocked to find this feature missing in so many luxury suv's on the market. I have not been able to find a CPO LX570 within 100 miles of my area so that I could check for myself. Before I widened my search area I wanted to be sure of this option. I've been contemplating sticking with Lexus (LX 570) if I can find one within my budget and search criteria. Being that they are so rare in my area...and this purchase needs to happen ASAP, I've considered the 2009 - 2011 Mercedes GL450 or 550 and the Range Rover Land Cruise HSE, LUX or Sport. I have read the Range Rovers are not very reliable and my husband is not one to DIY..so this is of concern. Any one have first hand experience on either of these models and willing to share thoughts?? Again..much appreciated.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
idsrvit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-13, 05:25 PM   #2
dochusar
Pole Position

Walter G. Husar dochusar dochusar

I have never used this feature, so I do not know whether there are truly reclining 2nd row seating in any SUV, as most, if not all of seats, bend and store in some manner.

I have had in the past 10 years the Lincoln Navigator, Volkswagen Touareg, Audi Q7, Audi Q5, Range Rover Land Cruier, Porsche Cayenne and the LX570. I must admit the Lexus is the best and finest SUV that I have ever owned.
2013 Mercedes SL550 Roadster - Iridium Silver/Red
2013 Porsche 911 Carrera S Coupe - White/Black
2013 Lexus GS350 AWD F-Sport - Liquid Platinum/Black (traded)
2013 Lexus LX570 - Mercury Metallic/Black (stolen)
dochusar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-13, 07:37 AM   #3
UZ214
Lexus Test Driver

Lexus great suv..lx570.. but seats just maybe tilt backwardss bit ..not really recline...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dochusar
I have never used this feature, so I do not know whether there are truly reclining 2nd row seating in any SUV, as most, if not all of seats, bend and store in some manner.

I have had in the past 10 years the Lincoln Navigator, Volkswagen Touareg, Audi Q7, Audi Q5, Range Rover Land Cruier, Porsche Cayenne and the LX570. I must admit the Lexus is the best and finest SUV that I have ever owned.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
gs400, 2000 pearlwhite 20" forged wheels, 4pc rotora bbk, srt intake, greddy evo2 exhaust, tein cs 2, srt TC. (sold)
Rx330, 05 - Stock (sold)
RX330, 04 stock (sold)
Ls400, 95- sold
UZ214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-13, 02:53 PM   #4
watch37
Driver

The second row seats in the LX570 will recline pretty far back, but there's a catch - the third row seats have to be either upright, or folded flat but NOT folded to the side walls. If you fold the third row seats up and against the walls, then the second row seats will recline a little bit, but then will hit the head rests of the third row seats. I know, it's irritating. But if you reconsider the third row, then the second row can recline way back without being hindered by the third row.

As for other SUVs, I am not all that experienced with other models, but I can say that the few others I have been in do not have reclining second row seats, or if they recline, it's just a little bit. Not nearly as far back as the LX.
watch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-13, 01:27 AM   #5
ggebhardt
Lexus Test Driver

I agree with watch 37 and if the 3rd row is in the proper position the second row reclines a good bit.

After three LX units I have found to never recline the 2nd row so far as to allow them to rest against the head rests of the stowed 3rd row sets. These surfaces can rub together and make a squeaking sound that will drive you crazy.
ggebhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-13, 02:20 PM   #6
watch37
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggebhardt View Post
I agree with watch 37 and if the 3rd row is in the proper position the second row reclines a good bit.

After three LX units I have found to never recline the 2nd row so far as to allow them to rest against the head rests of the stowed 3rd row sets. These surfaces can rub together and make a squeaking sound that will drive you crazy.
I agree that the noise of the second row rubbing against the third row headrests, while the third row seats are folded and up against the side, is very annoying. That's why when I travel on long trips that require me to transport luggage, I will fold the third row up even though no one will sit in them. I find that way, my kids and recline the seond row all the way down without interference. Also, I find that way actually let's me store more luggage, as compared to having the third row folded. It's weird, but true
watch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-13, 02:47 PM   #7
ggebhardt
Lexus Test Driver

I have never found me wanting more luggage space. It is just one or two traveling and if I got more stuff than will go into the storage area, I am doing something wrong.
ggebhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-13, 02:47 PM

Tags
2005, 2nd, 3rd, 570, forum, lexus, lx, recline, recliner, recliners, row, seats, suv, touareg, volkswagen