LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

New Owner/Pre-Collision (PCS) and Radar Cruise?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-08, 10:53 AM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner/Pre-Collision (PCS) and Radar Cruise?

I was able to pick up an LX 570 yesterday but it did not have one of the options I wanted in particular, the PCS/radar cruise combination which I have in the LS 460L and very much value. Dealer said they have not received an LX yet with this option although it is a listed option for the LX. Has anyone in perhaps in another part of the country received an LX with the PCS/radar cruise option? It's worth the money in my book but I wasn't going to pass on the one I lucked into just in hopes than another one would become available that has it.

Our new LX is Twilight gray and gray interior with a base msrp of $73.8K and $8967 in options plus delivery charge for a total msrp of $83,532, which was the purchase price. The main options included Tech Package (ML system, HDD and Lexus Link), rear seat entertainment, park assist and climate control seats. This seems to be the typical configuration around here. Came with the Michelin Latitude tires which I was very pleased to find. Beautiful color combination and sure drives great. Most of the features operate as in the LS so pretty short learning curve in operating everything in the first 24 hours of ownership.
Old 03-29-08, 12:36 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hendjaz
I was able to pick up an LX 570 yesterday but it did not have one of the options I wanted in particular, the PCS/radar cruise combination which I have in the LS 460L and very much value. Dealer said they have not received an LX yet with this option although it is a listed option for the LX. Has anyone in perhaps in another part of the country received an LX with the PCS/radar cruise option? It's worth the money in my book but I wasn't going to pass on the one I lucked into just in hopes than another one would become available that has it.

Our new LX is Twilight gray and gray interior with a base msrp of $73.8K and $8967 in options plus delivery charge for a total msrp of $83,532, which was the purchase price. The main options included Tech Package (ML system, HDD and Lexus Link), rear seat entertainment, park assist and climate control seats. This seems to be the typical configuration around here. Came with the Michelin Latitude tires which I was very pleased to find. Beautiful color combination and sure drives great. Most of the features operate as in the LS so pretty short learning curve in operating everything in the first 24 hours of ownership.
Congratulations !!!

The LX570 is on my wish list.

In the meantime, I'll drive the LX470. I am bringing this up because you mention the Michelin. I just purchased a set of the Latitude Tour HP and they are the best tires that I had in a very long time.
I driven over 700 delicious miles, mostly highways miles. Tremendous difference from the Dunlops.

I must be the only fellow who hasn't seen a LX570 or the 200 Series Land Cruiser on the road.
Old 03-29-08, 03:43 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts

You 570 Lexus sounds like mine!

My 570 is schedulled for it's 5K on Tuesday, April Fools Day!

I can't wait as I get my Dulops removed and the put on my Michelins at the same time. Glad you like them, lexusrott, I am hoping I will, too!

I want to drop by the dealer on Friday just to see them but thought that it would only confirm the dealer thinking I am a nut! <vbg>

Went to Amelia Island today and ate at the Marina! Best flounder on earth!
Old 03-29-08, 04:15 PM
hkochat
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hendjaz
Hello there,

Hello there,

Please check my posting using the thred below under the tread "LX570 Pricing", where I shared the information about PCS that I received from my local delearship.

This was the pertinent paragragh:

It is very interesting to note that one the key “most advanced safety technology offered only by Lexus” will be potentially introduced in late 2008 models similar to what happened with 2003 GX470 preliminary release without the KDSS option in early editions. This option is “PW- Pre-collision System and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control” currently available in selected LS Lexus models. This is an estimated $3,000 option. Therefore if you need a fully loaded LX570 with all available options in late 2008 comes to approximately $84, 000 give or take couple of hundreds.

Last edited by hkochat; 03-29-08 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-30-08, 10:13 AM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Greg, it does look like we have much the same LX and when you have your Latitude tires installed then they'll probably be twins. No need for me to post pictures as Greg has already done an excellent and thorough job of that at http://www.pbase.com/greggebhardt/lx570 for those who haven't viewed them yet. I could add some palm trees and cactus to the background but could not duplicate Greg's fine photography.

hkochat, thanks for the PCS and radar cruise info. I hadn't seen that but am glad to know that this option is not currently available so I didn't miss out by a few weeks in buying this one now. We had the need and desire to buy now rather than the end of the year. For those in the market at the end of the year when it becomes available then it is an option to seek out imho. Works great in my LS and I find that I use the cruise much more often than otherwise without the radar element.
Old 03-31-08, 10:21 PM
larry8
Driver School Candidate

List of available options on the Lexus web site. No mention that pre collision system not available. They have the price listed.

LX 570Base MSRP: $73,800 [1]Delivery, Processing & Handling Fee: $765 [2] Technology Package $4,200 [3]
Mark Levinson® Reference Surround Sound Audio System [4] with Hard Disk Drive (HDD) that stores up to 2,000 songs, 7.1 architecture and in-dash, single-feed, six-disc DVD/CD auto-changer featuring DVD-audio and DVD-video playback
Lexus Link® [5] [6]

Options and Accessories
Pre-Collision System (PCS) [7] with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control $2,850 [3]
DVD Rear-Seat Entertainment System (RSES) with nine-inch power LCD screen and two wireless headphones (requires Technology Package) $1,990 [3]
Intuitive Parking Assist with Wide-view Front and Side Monitor [8] $1,000 [3]
Climate-comfort front seats and heated second-row seats $890 [3]
Premium carpet floor mats $265 [3]
Glass breakage sensor $205 [3]
Wireless headphones [9] $182 [3]
Old 03-31-08, 10:36 PM
lexxtasy
Driver

We have the PCS/Radar Cruise Control on our LX570, however the option list is structured a bit different for the canadian market. Having the ultra premium pckg equipped on the 570, means you basically have a fully loaded vehicle

http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/experience...ategory=option
Old 04-02-08, 07:14 AM
trusso
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexxtasy
We have the PCS/Radar Cruise Control on our LX570, however the option list is structured a bit different for the canadian market. Having the ultra premium pckg equipped on the 570, means you basically have a fully loaded vehicle

http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/experience...ategory=option

Does the radar cruise work well? what a great option !!
Did your come with the "coolbox" in place of the center storage? I have only heard of that but it seems that Lexus hasnt actually made it. Also did you have the option for remote start?
Sorry for so many questions, but congratulations on the new car!!!
Old 06-22-08, 01:11 PM
lexxtasy
Driver

Originally Posted by trusso
Does the radar cruise work well? what a great option !!
Did your come with the "coolbox" in place of the center storage? I have only heard of that but it seems that Lexus hasnt actually made it. Also did you have the option for remote start?
Sorry for so many questions, but congratulations on the new car!!!
Sorry on the late reply, havent been well this whole year had surgery and what not, but will post complete detailed pics soon

To answer ur question, yes it has the cool box, and yes i have the smart card key and NO REMOTE START big bummer

Yes the radar cruise works as well as our 760Li Active Cruise Control, so we enjoy it!
Old 06-22-08, 02:44 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts

I would love to find the cool box and retrofit to my LX570. The dealer said it would not be hard to install. How about some deatils about your cool box and smart card.
Old 06-23-08, 07:19 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

thanks for the PCS and radar cruise info. I hadn't seen that but am glad to know that this option is not currently available so I didn't miss out by a few weeks in buying this one now
This has to be the strangest thing I have seen Lexus do in the USA. The Land Cruiser is available with pre collision yet the LX is not. Furthermore in Canada we get the pre collision as an option, bubinga wood trim and a 7th available (although not my fav) color.

Lexus USA probably sells more Lx570 in the state of Cali than we sell in all of Canada yet we have more available options.

I wonder if this was done intentionally on Lexus part to move early unit while making die hard option seekers wait until late 2008.
Old 06-23-08, 04:09 PM
lexxtasy
Driver

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
I would love to find the cool box and retrofit to my LX570. The dealer said it would not be hard to install. How about some deatils about your cool box and smart card.
I will post some pics of both items shortly.

The cool box is an amazing addition, since we are so used to it in the 760Li

The smart key card is basically a substitue for the key fob you carry around and infact is more handy to carry around
Old 06-23-08, 04:16 PM
lexxtasy
Driver

Originally Posted by pagemaster
This has to be the strangest thing I have seen Lexus do in the USA. The Land Cruiser is available with pre collision yet the LX is not. Furthermore in Canada we get the pre collision as an option, bubinga wood trim and a 7th available (although not my fav) color.

Lexus USA probably sells more Lx570 in the state of Cali than we sell in all of Canada yet we have more available options.

I wonder if this was done intentionally on Lexus part to move early unit while making die hard option seekers wait until late 2008.
Similarly, there is a shortage of LX570's in Saudi Arabia, a report I read the other day, they have a dealermarkup on those vehicles as a result, which means that the LX570 now surpasses the msrp of the cayenne turbo and the range rover supercharged in that market

So I think Lexus sells its trucks on a global level and options it according to each market....the gulf lx570s get only 18" alloy wheels, why?

Maybe because they live i the middle of the dessert, and most lx's are used for off-roading there, hell even cayenne turbo (gemballa editions too) and ranges are often taken in the dessert
Old 06-24-08, 11:21 PM
trusso
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Think about all the storage you would lose?
I would love the coolbox but I was just complaining about the lack of cupholders a bit ago...
Old 02-12-09, 02:10 PM
rspjr05
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexxtasy
Sorry on the late reply, havent been well this whole year had surgery and what not, but will post complete detailed pics soon

To answer ur question, yes it has the cool box, and yes i have the smart card key and NO REMOTE START big bummer

Yes the radar cruise works as well as our 760Li Active Cruise Control, so we enjoy it!
Does the radar cruise interfere with any radar detector ? I have a new 09- Mercedes S550 with distronic plus and I cannot use any radar detector and is very frustrating (the radar interfers) and beeps all the time
Thanks