LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

I have finally seen one!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-08, 07:04 PM
pemarsh
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I have finally seen one!!!

I saw one (silver/grey) at a dealer--just arrived today. Looked at it for about an hour with my salesperson.

Trust me when I say it looks better in person than in pictures...especially the front end.

Im still not too crazy about the back, but it does look better in person than in pics.

Interior is just perfect.

I plan on ordering mine in the next week.
Old 01-09-08, 09:59 AM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disappointed

Finally my local Lexus dealer received three, all have been sold.
Nevertheless I sat in the Mercury Metallic exterior with the Cashmere interior completely loaded for about 15 minutes, just looking around the beautiful interior , comfortable seats but the doohickey that I really wanted to feel was a total disappointment . The front seat extension does not extend, however goes up and down just like the ES when it should be like the LS.
Another thing the rear quarter windows and the rear window are not dark like the previous models.
Lexus lost me as a LX570 buyer.
By choosing either the 2008 Land Cruiser or maybe the 2008 Sequoia I will be saving a very huge bundle of $$,$$$$.$$.
Old 01-09-08, 10:07 AM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexusrott
Lexus lost me as a LX570 buyer.
By choosing either the 2008 Land Cruiser or maybe the 2008 Sequoia I will be saving a very huge bundle of $$,$$$$.$$.
Couldnt agree with you more. The 570 is very HIGHLY priced
Old 01-09-08, 10:15 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

A Honda Civic is overpriced also to those that are not even in the market for one but looking at used Dodge Colts.
Old 01-09-08, 11:36 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Rollin'RX3
Couldnt agree with you more. The 570 is very HIGHLY priced
find a competitor SUV that can rival teh 570 in specs, quality, and features at this price. Just because a vehicle is 84k fully loaded doesnt mean its overpriced
Old 01-09-08, 02:04 PM
pemarsh
Pole Position

i agree it is highly priced. BUT, what you need to consider is buying one at base price without options..that is the key---saves almost 10000 right there
Old 01-09-08, 06:06 PM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
find a competitor SUV that can rival teh 570 in specs, quality, and features at this price. Just because a vehicle is 84k fully loaded doesnt mean its overpriced
Well. The Lexus LX570 starts its base at $ 73,800. Cadillac starts the Escalade at $ 56,890. Thats almost $ 17,000 in cash.

Now dont get me wrong. I love Lexus and everything they built including the 570. But the Escalade is also in the same class as most people say it is not.

The Escalade has a 6.2 V8 w/ 403hp 417tq
The 570 has a 5.7 V8 w/ 383hp 403tq

Both cars are very classy looking cars and have an unlimited number of features.

This is now just my opinion = Even if the price was the same, I would prefer the Cadillac, It just has a nicer and fuller SUV look to me. Very comfortable/soft like the 570 would probably have too. But I think the Cadillac is a much better buy then the 570, considering a 17,000 dollar difference in price. Just my opinion

My uncle and my gf's dad have 2007 Escalades. And man do those things get attention and feel good to drive. The Caddilac has HID
Old 01-09-08, 06:27 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Your opinion, you got that right as I personally would take a Highlander over an Escalade any day. Yes, A little Highlander. That is my opinion of a Cadi especially the Escalade. Not sure what it is but when I see them on the road the first thought that pops up is budget SUV along with other items that I would rather not post on here. They just have this stigma about them, perhaps too much MTV & Eminem growing up.
Of course the Escalade costs 3 times the Highlander but not 3 times better. But thats my worthless subjective opinion.

Oh, and I will take that 5.7 over the 6.2 anyday, do you really want to start comparing specs like towing capacity (7700 vs. 8500) , no front side impact air bags available! (keep your HIDS) ,etc...? As you mentioned the motor specs , the LX produces it's 403lbs at 3600rpm vs the Cadi's 417 at 4400 rpm. Pretty much a wash to me. Still, both good engines.

On the issue of price, again your off here, the LX is AWD standard , the Cadi you quoted is 2wd. The Escalade AWD start at $59340.00 not $56k as you quoted.

Plus I would ask that you sit in a Cadi and compare the interior to even your RX. Look at the fit and finish, body panel gaps, door panel gaps,etc.. If that matters to you. Some do not care about build quality and only care about the surface impression and not the details. Again, to each their own.

But, I do wish the LX was not so rounded but since I am not in the market for one at this time-matters little to me.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 01-09-08 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-09-08, 06:49 PM
pemarsh
Pole Position

Cadillac in same class as LX470?? Not even the 470.

Escalade issues:
No bluetooth
No 4-Lo gearing
No electric steering wheel control--only notching, and no telescoping
No passenger outside mirror automatic dimming
Plastic galore all over doors and dash
Major wind noise issue (just google it and see)
Engine is great--but not at all a very smooth transmission with acceleration
Center console is very flimsy
No height control
No aux. port for ipod
Reliability not as good as Lexus
Practically no off road capability compared to LX
Old 01-09-08, 08:15 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice that they are now in dealerships, I am looking forward to seeing one when it arrives. What color are you choosing?
Old 01-09-08, 09:48 PM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Your opinion, you got that right as I personally would take a Highlander over an Escalade any day. Yes, A little Highlander. That is my opinion of a Cadi especially the Escalade. Not sure what it is but when I see them on the road the first thought that pops up is budget SUV along with other items that I would rather not post on here. They just have this stigma about them, perhaps too much MTV & Eminem growing up.
Of course the Escalade costs 3 times the Highlander but not 3 times better. But thats my worthless subjective opinion.

Oh, and I will take that 5.7 over the 6.2 anyday, do you really want to start comparing specs like towing capacity (7700 vs. 8500) , no front side impact air bags available! (keep your HIDS) ,etc...? As you mentioned the motor specs , the LX produces it's 403lbs at 3600rpm vs the Cadi's 417 at 4400 rpm. Pretty much a wash to me. Still, both good engines.

On the issue of price, again your off here, the LX is AWD standard , the Cadi you quoted is 2wd. The Escalade AWD start at $59340.00 not $56k as you quoted.

Plus I would ask that you sit in a Cadi and compare the interior to even your RX. Look at the fit and finish, body panel gaps, door panel gaps,etc.. If that matters to you. Some do not care about build quality and only care about the surface impression and not the details. Again, to each their own.

But, I do wish the LX was not so rounded but since I am not in the market for one at this time-matters little to me.
I see where your coming from with the quality and I respect what your saying cause its true. But I have a few of questions for you...

1) Would you consider the Escalade AWD in the same level as the Lexus LX570?

2) Do you think both cars are fairly priced?

3) Do you think some future luxury suv shoppers would take the Escalade over the LX570 due to pricing (13k more)?
Old 01-09-08, 10:10 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

I see where your coming from with the quality and I respect what your saying cause its true. But I have a few of questions for you...

1) Would you consider the Escalade AWD in the same level as the Lexus LX570?

Nope, again I am bias here as I really do dislike Escalades so my opinion on that would not matter much to others. I would prefer a Denali or Suburban to an Escalade.

Lexus is not know to be a budget Cadi, never has, but Cadi has that stigma of being a budget Lexus. Pricing plays a part in that. Some could make the same argument about the LS vs the STS. So opinion on price is subjective and IMO everything is overpriced these days-whether Honda, Lexus, or Cadi but for someone in the market for a LX they will purchase one. For someone in the market for a Cadillac they will purchase that. Both will sell.

3) Do you think some future luxury suv shoppers would take the Escalade over the LX570 due to pricing (13k more)?
Again, your trying to compare the two and I do not believe Cadillac is a competitor in any right to Lexus. Of course Cadillac and a few others will disagree. There are those that dislike domestic vehicles and those that feel the same about Lexus. If I was in the market for a 65k vehicle and 13k made a difference between what I wanted and what I could afford then I should be shopping for a Rav4 as 13k should not make a difference at that price point. Some will blow everything they have to own a top of the line SUV and eat Taco Bell all day long (I know a few) while those that Lexus is catering to are not hampered by 13 or even a 20k difference. Will it affect some, sure it will. Does Lexus care about those? Doubtful. Again, Lexus is not trying to go after the Cadillac crowd IMO. I believe I read somewhere that the income target segment for the LX is the 350k annual range, doubt the same goes for the Cadi.

Again, I am very biased against the Escalade so my opinions are to be taken very lightly. I even feel ,"dirty" riding in one. Again, why? Never really though about it. Really do not care. Other than Fords of which I have experience in, Escalades rate right there with cars that I simply could not find myself in. If the Escalade was $5000 I would still pass it up. I'm strange that way. Some feel the same about the LX I'm sure.

Nothing against GM, just Escalades. I would enjoy a drive in an CTS-V anytime.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 01-09-08 at 11:02 PM.
Old 01-10-08, 02:38 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

You can get Sequoia and save a lot of money compared to Caddy... Then you can get Rav4 and save a lot of money compare to Sequoia... And then, why do yo need glorified wagon when xA will suffice for a lot less money?

:-).
Old 01-10-08, 03:43 AM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Actually I over reacted. " Lexus lost me as a LX570 buyer " , no no .
I still own the 2006 LX470 with low mileage and excellent condition.
I should get a set of Michelin's Latitude HP tires and then wait for all the reviews and all the test drives and the customers opinions.
In a few months or next December 2008 sales, I might have a change of heart.
Old 01-10-08, 04:48 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Lexus is not know to be a budget Cadi, never has, but Cadi has that stigma of being a budget Lexus. Pricing plays a part in that. Some could make the same argument about the LS vs the STS.
When did Caddy become a Lexus wannabe??!! I do not even think Caddy is going after Lexus image...not even close! Most of Caddy's current energy is going after BMW and, to a lesser extent, Mercedes. Caddy, for the most part, is the budget BMW. The Escalade is a different animal than most German and Japanese SUVs...it is in a class with Lincoln Navigator, where major bling-bling meets gigantic size.

Quick Reply: I have finally seen one!!!