LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Question on the Beat sonic Nav bypass installed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-16, 05:13 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Question on the Beat sonic Nav bypass installed?

Hi, i have a question to anyone who has had install the Beat Sonic Nav and DVD motion bypass on 16" LX? I'm not sure it is happen to my LX after the bypass installed, but lately my LX Nav is show the street name on the current route for about fews mins and i turn to a different roads, the Nav screen icon of the truck is moving but the street name is stay the same on the first street i was driving on, it is doesn't matter where i go, the street name on the Nav and cluster instrument still show the same name, it is do not change to a new street name, i just wonder anyone who have the Beat Sonic bypass installed on your 16" LX has the same problem? Thanks
Old 12-12-16, 10:20 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 425 Likes on 360 Posts

Why not start with asking Beat Sonic?

Sounds to me (and I'm thinking of a BS device but don't have one) like the data part of the GPS is not refreshing, but the GPS is showing your correct location. If you turn off the BS, will the oem NAV screen refresh with correct street name??

I've seen 2 versions of a NAV bypass device...Beat Sonic and Prestigious Society. The latter seems around 2X the price that Beat Sonic offers.

FAR, FAR easier on a 100 series...simply snip one wire going to the radio and ground one end, and snip a wire near the steering column to remove the e-brake from the equation. Not sure why the 200 series needs a switch.
Old 12-12-16, 11:05 AM
Reggie1
Intermediate

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by ohiois350
Hi, i have a question to anyone who has had install the Beat Sonic Nav and DVD motion bypass on 16" LX? I'm not sure it is happen to my LX after the bypass installed, but lately my LX Nav is show the street name on the current route for about fews mins and i turn to a different roads, the Nav screen icon of the truck is moving but the street name is stay the same on the first street i was driving on, it is doesn't matter where i go, the street name on the Nav and cluster instrument still show the same name, it is do not change to a new street name, i just wonder anyone who have the Beat Sonic bypass installed on your 16" LX has the same problem? Thanks
What does the bypass do? It appears from the product web site that it allows you to use the navigation screen while driving the vehicle just like you currently can with the car sitting still. Is that right? And, it appears that it allows you to both drive and watch DVD movies, etc.on the front screen at the same time. Is that right, too? Other than that, are there other things it lets you do while you're driving?

If your goal is to be able to watch video while you are driving, a free way is to download the movie to your tablet or phone. Then just prop it on the shelf in front of the instrument panel, maybe securing it with a little velcro or one of those sandbag things made for phones. Link its audio to the sound system. You can keep your eyes straight ahead, just looking up occasionally at the road, rather than having to look toward the center screen. DVD's and CD's in cars today are going the same way that 8-tracks and cassettes went anyway.

What would be ideal for now is a bypass for the USB port to allow video from it to play on the navigation screen. Since you can load single image files from it to the screen, there must be a way to send video. Or does the Beatsonic bypass let you do that ?

I wonder which is safer - driving while watching a movie, or driving while texting?
Old 12-12-16, 11:32 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 425 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Reggie1
What does the bypass do? It appears from the product web site that it allows you to use the navigation screen while driving the vehicle just like you currently can with the car sitting still. Is that right? And, it appears that it allows you to both drive and watch DVD movies, etc.on the front screen at the same time. Is that right, too? Other than that, are there other things it lets you do while you're driving?

If your goal is to be able to watch video while you are driving, a free way is to download the movie to your tablet or phone. Then just prop it on the shelf in front of the instrument panel, maybe securing it with a little velcro or one of those sandbag things made for phones. Link its audio to the sound system. You can keep your eyes straight ahead, just looking up occasionally at the road, rather than having to look toward the center screen. DVD's and CD's in cars today are going the same way that 8-tracks and cassettes went anyway.

What would be ideal for now is a bypass for the USB port to allow video from it to play on the navigation screen. Since you can load single image files from it to the screen, there must be a way to send video. Or does the Beatsonic bypass let you do that ?

I wonder which is safer - driving while watching a movie, or driving while texting?
Another good question for Beat Sonic. I'm thinking that OP wants to program the NAV system while driving, as well as watch a DVD while driving.

Neither watching a movie nor texting are anything but exceptionally stupid while driving.
Old 12-12-16, 01:45 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Thanks guys, I contacted Beat Sonic, and they asked me video that issues which i did and sent that clip to them, they are kinda slow on responding, but anyway i like to have all screen playing video