LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

2016 LX 570 Air Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-16, 06:43 PM
Luxury350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 LX 570 Air Suspension

I just joined the Lexus Family again parting ways with my Audi S7.

I am starting to mod this beast and would like to know if anyone knows about the air suspension in the LX and is there a mod to trick it to staying down at the lowest setting? Once in the lowest it starts to rise after 7 mph.

I know of a few companies but they said they wont work. Prestige society etc.

Thanks
Old 01-24-16, 10:06 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

just curious what was wrong with the s7? i am interested in getting the RS7 but cant pull the trigger.
Old 01-24-16, 06:54 PM
Luxury350
Driver School Candidate

Nothing . It was an amazing car. Heavily modded. Just needed something bigger.

Picture at cars and coffee

Old 01-24-16, 08:23 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 425 Likes on 360 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Luxury350
I just joined the Lexus Family again parting ways with my Audi S7.

I am starting to mod this beast and would like to know if anyone knows about the air suspension in the LX and is there a mod to trick it to staying down at the lowest setting? Once in the lowest it starts to rise after 7 mph.

I know of a few companies but they said they wont work. Prestige society etc.

Thanks
AHC is hydraulic...if you have an LX with an air suspension, you have major issues.

Low position is there to allow easier entry and exit. In low position, front suspension is on the bump stops or very close to them...you'd get a very uncomfortable ride. That's why it lifts to normal once you get moving.

Steve
Old 01-25-16, 09:17 AM
Luxury350
Driver School Candidate

I see.

Thank you for the response. I just want it a little lower than normal.
Old 01-25-16, 02:07 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 425 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by T4Fun
just curious what was wrong with the s7? i am interested in getting the RS7 but cant pull the trigger.
While I was shopping for a 200-series LX or Cruiser, I was briefly smitten by an RS6 at the same dealer where I eventually bought my Cruiser.

"Briefly", thank God. I dropped the RS6 lust like a hot potato once I took a look at "maintenance issues" on several Audi forums. Turns out you need to remove the engine (and maybe the trans, iirc) to replace the spark plugs. Audi produces a large table on wheels fit to the engine. You remove a bunch of fasteners and other engine attachments, lift the car in the air, roll the table under it, and lower the car. Once you're removed a few more bolts, lift the car again, leaving the engine on the table. I thought that might be a bit of a PITA, as would about $1K if the dealer does the work.

Not to mention more than a few stories about "unscheduled" maintenance.

Originally Posted by Luxury350
I see.

Thank you for the response. I just want it a little lower than normal.
You are welcome for the response.

Without a MAJOR resetting of the AHC system, it won't allow height at speed to be other than "Normal" due to the height sensors that tell the system if the present height is within spec. You can get more drop by lengthing the height sensors' linkages. That said, you'll need to see a dealer or indy mechanic with TIS (Toyota Information System) access to adjust ACH pressures if required. Lowering the suspension can increase AHC pressure but TIS may be able to get it back within the
oem range.

Steve
Old 01-26-16, 11:38 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 65 Posts

Indeed, the hydraulic setup complicates things. FYI, though, while the AHC setting remains on "Normal", LX does drop slightly at speed, mainly for air drag/fuel economy reasons. This, of course, is not the kind of control OP is referring to, but worth noting nonetheless.

There is a video (on YouTube, I think) of an LX on a dyno, and it's pretty cool to see it drop as it picks up speed.
Old 01-26-16, 05:38 PM
Luxury350
Driver School Candidate

Thanks again.

I bought my S7 new and heard of dropping the engine in some maintenance. I can see that as a problem. I did pay for the extended maintenance plan to avoid additional costs. I put 20k miles on the car before parting it out and trading it in and beat the crap out the car with not one hick up, Car was extremely quick even faster than a stock RS7/RS6 with the mods, I do miss it :/ I was on my way to Stage III.

As far as the suspension on the Lexus I do notice it drops at higher speed. I will talk to some of the techs as I did with the Audi techs for a possible adjustment. I used the H & R module to basically trick the computer to lower the car. Sensor did stay within oem standards. They did make links for it also.

We will see!
Old 01-27-16, 05:57 PM
Luxury350
Driver School Candidate

Just an update.

I spoke with a tech that has the knowledge to make the adjustment. Stay tuned.
Old 02-06-16, 05:31 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts
Default No air suspension in LX570! !! LX570 has hydraulic suspension! !!!

If the new 2016 LX570 has air suspension, then really going to have major issues! !!

My friend had an MB GL 550 loaded top of the line a few year ago. That thing had cheap air suspension! !! One morning his wife get to the SUV to drive the kids to school and the SUV is lopsided and very noticeable. A few days later it is lopsided at a different corner. Took it to MB dealer and NO resolution! !! Like most people, we work for a living and don't got the time for this nonsense. So it went on for more than a year at which time my friend was told it is beyond lemon law and tough luck. So that SUV is constantly in and out of the MB dealer for air suspension problems and other issues!!!

So after their lease is over, they just turn the SUV back in and never again for another MB!!!

Originally Posted by hankinid
AHC is hydraulic...if you have an LX with an air suspension, you have major issues.

Low position is there to allow easier entry and exit. In low position, front suspension is on the bump stops or very close to them...you'd get a very uncomfortable ride. That's why it lifts to normal once you get moving.

Steve
Old 02-08-16, 09:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

the GL has air suspension problem, well known issue (i have seen plenty)

but having air suspension doesn't make it suck right away. the LS has air and it's pretty good