LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

2016 LX570 Approach Angle

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-16, 04:12 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Default 2016 LX570 Approach Angle

Toyota, what do you think? Was the new front LX bumper a good idea? Of course, I can still get through this but with the old bumper, I would have about 5° better angle...
The first day after purchasing my LX I replaced 21" wheels with 18" wheels from Tundra (275/65R18 tires). Absolutely necessary if you want to drive off-road. But also much more comfortable ride on highways.

Old 01-10-16, 07:14 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Well it is because LX is more made for on road than off road compare to LC
Old 01-10-16, 09:26 PM
MattBianco
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

This is the problem: it is neither an offload suv anymore, nor decked out with tech and luxuries, and sportiness of a city sports activity vehicle. Half pregnant, its only selling points are reliability and the brand. i swear the signal and wiper controllers are the same I had in my 03 ES and '98 lx. no improvements. as we know the '16 did not get an engine imprudent, just transmission. and the rear seat to the hatch is basically the older generation. It reminds me of the era when they struggled to deferential a camry from an es, because other than a patina of leather they were the same car.
Old 01-11-16, 05:45 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

BTW, I am just working on solving TPMS issues after replacing the original 21" wheels with 18" Tundra wheels with winter tires. It looks that Discount Tires or anyone else do not have computers for registering TPMS on 2016 LX yet. So I went to my Lexus dealer. Today they told me that 2016 LX uses other sensor than most Toyota/Lexus vehicles. So they had to order the new sensors. It will cost about $400 :-( I really hate TPMS...
Old 01-11-16, 06:12 PM
MattBianco
Driver

Originally Posted by ClaytonW
BTW, I am just working on solving TPMS issues ...... It will cost about $400 :-( I really hate TPMS...
That is about the price. To buy a set for a '13 (4x$75) plus coding it is about the same. I recently discovered this as I bought a set of 20" Tundra wheels for winter setup. I bought a second set of sensors, generics and programmable, and forwent to have them coded for free at the tire shop as I had read in the forums that the dealers can code up to 10 tires for dedicated winter/summer setups. I went to the dealer and they ended up charging $175 to code, and did so without a winter designation as since '12 they can only code five tires, not ten.
Old 01-12-16, 07:18 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by ybing
Well it is because LX is more made for on road than off road compare to LC
How so?? The LX is identical to the Land Cruiser other than, imo, an "interesting" restyle of the body. :thumbed:

Originally Posted by MattBianco
This is the problem: it is neither an offload suv anymore, nor decked out with tech and luxuries, and sportiness of a city sports activity vehicle. Half pregnant, its only selling points are reliability and the brand. i swear the signal and wiper controllers are the same I had in my 03 ES and '98 lx. no improvements. as we know the '16 did not get an engine imprudent, just transmission. and the rear seat to the hatch is basically the older generation. It reminds me of the era when they struggled to deferential a camry from an es, because other than a patina of leather they were the same car.
That's a good analogy...having driven an LX with the 8-speed transmission, I don't get a seat-of-the-pants feeling that it's a major "improvement" over the 6-speed. Overall, I think the LX is approaching barge status.

That said, it's great to see a pic of one actually doing something off-road.

Originally Posted by ClaytonW
BTW, I am just working on solving TPMS issues after replacing the original 21" wheels with 18" Tundra wheels with winter tires. It looks that Discount Tires or anyone else do not have computers for registering TPMS on 2016 LX yet. So I went to my Lexus dealer. Today they told me that 2016 LX uses other sensor than most Toyota/Lexus vehicles. So they had to order the new sensors. It will cost about $400 :-( I really hate TPMS...
See below...

Originally Posted by MattBianco
That is about the price. To buy a set for a '13 (4x$75) plus coding it is about the same. I recently discovered this as I bought a set of 20" Tundra wheels for winter setup. I bought a second set of sensors, generics and programmable, and forwent to have them coded for free at the tire shop as I had read in the forums that the dealers can code up to 10 tires for dedicated winter/summer setups. I went to the dealer and they ended up charging $175 to code, and did so without a winter designation as since '12 they can only code five tires, not ten.
The Lexus / Toyota tmps system can only handle 5 tires, and cannot link pressure to a particular mounting location. Meaning if you have a tire that needs air, you need to grab a pressure gauge and find the low tire.

I would prefer not having the tmps and simply checking pressure once a week or first thing in the morning if I'm on a long trip.

I've removed the yellow tire light led in back of the instrument panel and things are perfect at this point.

Steve
Old 01-12-16, 07:54 AM
MattBianco
Driver

Originally Posted by hankinid
The Lexus / Toyota tmps system can only handle 5 tires, and cannot link pressure to a particular mounting location. Meaning if you have a tire that needs air, you need to grab a pressure gauge and find the low tire.

I would prefer not having the tmps and simply checking pressure once a week or first thing in the morning if I'm on a long trip.

I've removed the yellow tire light led in back of the instrument panel and things are perfect at this point.

Steve
Isn't it crazy that you removed a feature to improve the car? If you buy a $35k BMW 2 series it shows you the location of the deflated tire. If you spend $100k for a Lexus you have to guess. BTW, they used to accommodate 10 sensors, five for each tire season. Dealer told me no longer, as of '13. A step back, and in the wrong direction. See pic

Old 01-12-16, 01:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

i don't know if they changed it for 2016, but in other lexus recent models, all tpms are location specific already. IS, GS, LS, etc... i would be surprised if LX is not. they did come late (very late), but at least since 2013 the GS has it, for example
Old 01-13-16, 07:22 PM
Luke27617
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

......The Lexus / Toyota tmps system can only handle 5 tires, and cannot link pressure to a particular mounting location. Meaning if you have a tire that needs air, you need to grab a pressure gauge and find the low tire.

Steve
Wrong, you can see the pressure of each tire. I have 16 LC and I have it. Odometer is the same as Lexus. You can see it in the center small display next to speedometer.
Old 01-14-16, 03:08 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Luke27617
Wrong, you can see the pressure of each tire. I have 16 LC and I have it. Odometer is the same as Lexus. You can see it in the center small display next to speedometer.
Ooops...my bad...

I should have noted my issue is with my '13 Land Cruiser, not an LX.

Steve
Old 01-14-16, 03:41 PM
MattBianco
Driver

Ooops...my bad...

I should have noted my issue is with my '13 Land Cruiser, not an LX.

Steve
it is the same with all LX until 2016.
Old 01-15-16, 01:30 PM
Ashron
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Initially I was interested in upgrading to the New 2016 LX. But the more I read the forums, the clearer it becomes that this second refresh was several years late and a haphazard attempt at best. (Someone mentioned half baked). I guess i'll keep my old LX (2010) as a spare car and probably lease a new MBZ S550 for my daily driver. It might not be as reliable, but it's state of the art in comparison.
Old 01-18-16, 09:43 AM
Bimmer32
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Ashron
Initially I was interested in upgrading to the New 2016 LX. But the more I read the forums, the clearer it becomes that this second refresh was several years late and a haphazard attempt at best. (Someone mentioned half baked). I guess i'll keep my old LX (2010) as a spare car and probably lease a new MBZ S550 for my daily driver. It might not be as reliable, but it's state of the art in comparison.
Lease and you do not have to worry about reliability/cost repair. I am surprise that Lexus technology is a bit odd.
Old 01-18-16, 09:54 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Ashron

the refresh LX was interesting at first, but driving it and seeing it in person is very disappointing.
Its probably not just me judging from lack of new threads and hardly anyone here posting, hey, I got the new LX.

Nothing special and about 3 years late if you ask me. Would rather wait for 2019 and see what they do.
Old 01-18-16, 10:37 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Bimmer32
Lease and you do not have to worry about reliability/cost repair. I am surprise that Lexus technology is a bit odd.
I leased Chev / GMC Suburbans for 16 years and it worked perfectly for me,,,only because I could write-off about 80% of the costs for having and running the trucks. Otherwise, I think I'm better off financially to just purchase the vehicle.

Originally Posted by T4Fun
the refresh LX was interesting at first, but driving it and seeing it in person is very disappointing.
Its probably not just me judging from lack of new threads and hardly anyone here posting, hey, I got the new LX.

Nothing special and about 3 years late if you ask me. Would rather wait for 2019 and see what they do.
I test drove a '15 LX without the luxury package...as a result of my weekend test drive, I passed and opted instead for a '13 Land Cruiser.

Steve

Quick Reply: 2016 LX570 Approach Angle