LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Help IDing a Nokia Handsfree sytem in my '00 LX470?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-17, 06:19 PM
M4wheeler
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help IDing a Nokia Handsfree sytem in my '00 LX470?

I just acquired a 2000 LX470 and have all the paperwork from the previous owners as far as maintenance goes, but there is nothing in regards to this Nokia handsfree setup (or maybe DVD player interface?). I've done some googling and can't find anything so far that seems to match what I have. I do have the Nakamichi head unit and the pictured Blaupunkt DVD player and mid-row screen. I can't find or see a loose AUX cord anywhere, but would love to find one to allow for handsfree phone calls and maybe audio use through factory speakers? Here are the pictures of what I have found so far, I can't see any added boxes/modules under the passenger side dash or anywhere else under the driver's side, but I'm sure there is more to the system (?). Also, is there a wiring change I can do that would turn on the front map/overhead lights when I open the doors? Currently only the two small lights on the DVD player turn on when the proper button is depressed on the body of the DVD player. Any info on what I've got or where to look for additional part or serial numbers would be greatly appreciated.

This Nokia speaker is under the driver's side dash
Name:  j94QlOR.png
Views: 7
Size:  503 Bytes

IR sensor for remote and FM transmitter with on/off switch
Name:  59lNAi8.png
Views: 9

Microphone (?) mounted top left corner of windshield
Name:  Otb5eT2.png
Views: 8

DVD player in lower center console
Name:  i6HAwJO.png

Name:  7fwKmHp.png
Views: 8

Name:  95nre5q.png
Old 01-06-17, 08:25 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 425 Likes on 360 Posts

OEM wiring for a factory phone installation is under the center console cover...easy to reach. Wiring is not present if truck did not have a phone installed, and it would be port installed. In any event, old style analog that had amazing range, but used a lot of bandwidth. Not sure where in this country you could activate one now.

For the door lamps, verify that the dome light switch is set to turn on with door open and off with door closed. If you're still not getting light, check fuses and / or bulbs.
The following users liked this post:
M4wheeler (01-06-17)
Old 01-06-17, 08:37 PM
M4wheeler
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hankinid
OEM wiring for a factory phone installation is under the center console cover...easy to reach. Wiring is not present if truck did not have a phone installed, and it would be port installed. In any event, old style analog that had amazing range, but used a lot of bandwidth. Not sure where in this country you could activate one now.

For the door lamps, verify that the dome light switch is set to turn on with door open and off with door closed. If you're still not getting light, check fuses and / or bulbs.

So this is a port installed phone setup? I have not been able to find a way to hook up any phone to this system, even though it obviously seems to be aftermarket and I guess had to have worked at some point (?). I will double check the fuses tomorrow morning, the lights work great with the factory overhead switches, just no option to turn on when the doors open like our '99 LC. Thanks for the info, I'm still searching more on the phone setup. Any kind of handsfree based off an AUX cord would be great.
Old 01-06-17, 09:09 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 425 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by M4wheeler
So this is a port installed phone setup? I have not been able to find a way to hook up any phone to this system, even though it obviously seems to be aftermarket and I guess had to have worked at some point (?). I will double check the fuses tomorrow morning, the lights work great with the factory overhead switches, just no option to turn on when the doors open like our '99 LC. Thanks for the info, I'm still searching more on the phone setup. Any kind of handsfree based off an AUX cord would be great.
It is NOT a port installed phone. That wasn't your question...you asked where the phone wiring should be and I the only answer I could give you would be germane to a port installed phone.

Imo, you've pretty much of a kluge, between the UFO phone and the disc player. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
M4wheeler (01-06-17)
Old 03-18-17, 01:02 PM
canamrotax
Driver School Candidate

That Nokia hands free system was specific for Nokia handhelds. The DVD and screen are probably not connected to the factory audio at all, completely headphone I bet.
I would remove the Nokia handsfree, and install a modern bluetooth system.