LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Lexus (Invision) Dual-Headrest DVD player questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-10, 05:15 AM
tmdvtpike
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus (Invision) Dual-Headrest DVD player questions

Just picked up a new (to me) 2005 LX470 a few days ago. So far the truck has been great. The previous owner had the Lexus dealer install the INHRDVD1000 headrest DVD player in the truck. I've been tooling around with and have a question about the system... Does anyone know if you can load a DVD into headrest one of the two headrests and have it output to both headrests? Or are the two headrests totally independent? Right now the FM modulator is set to Headrest B. Ideally, I would like to be able to put a DVD in headrest B and have it play on both screens with the sound playing on the cars speakers. I have two small children and 1) the IR headphones are too big for them and 2) they are not able to safely control the volume on the headphones (if they could wear them to begin with).

Also I couldn't seem to get the remote to work from the front seat... does it have to have line of sight access to work? Sorry for the long post but TIA.
Old 11-29-10, 11:58 AM
GX2LX
Driver School Candidate

Yes, you can play a dvd in "A" and have it also play on "B". On the remote control, there is a "source" button - direct the remote toward "B", hit the source button. It will scroll through different options, I think TV, aux, then your show will pop up. The "A" dvd player (the one on the driver's headrest) is your main one though. So while you can have "A" play on "B", the inverse is not true.

I remember reading the Invision manual and seeing there was a way to get the audio to play through the speakers but I can't remember how to set it up. Check out the Invision website, they may have downloadable manuals there. You may want to have your kids try the headphones anyway. Mine are 2 1/2 and we adjusted the headphones to the smallest size and showed them how to put them on their ears. They are still a little big but they can hear out of them. They don't seem to bother with the volume control.

I haven't tried the remote from the front seat. I just get it as close to the player as possible while using it. Not sure if it needs to be in the line of sight.

HTH
Old 12-26-10, 05:06 PM
pacoshalom
Driver School Candidate

Default Invision DVD player questions

Yes, you can play the DVD from either headrest on both. Both monitors have a Source button which allows you to choose which to watch. Also, the headsets have a Ch A/B switch so both can listen to the same disc.

A new question: In my car one of the monitors no longer receives the feed from either DVD player. I pulled it out of the headrest and checked all the connections I could see, but they all appear to be ok. Since the other monitor can receive the feed from either DVD player, I'm sure the issue is somewhere in the electronics for the monitor. Any ideas if this might be something I can fix (I am not an electronics expert)? If not, does anyone know where besides a new car dealer or E-bay I can get one replacement monitor/DVD player?

Thanks!